PhD Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epiapp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello....I know this forum is geared toward MPH applicants and students, but I've seen some PhD posts, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Does anyone have any information on when one would typically hear an admission decision from PhD/ScD programs in Epidemiology? I'm curious about some of the more competitive schools that I applied to (e.g. HSPH, JHSPH). Thanks! Also, if you know of a better forum to direct me to, please share.

Members don't see this ad.

epiapp said:
Hello....I know this forum is geared toward MPH applicants and students, but I've seen some PhD posts, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Does anyone have any information on when one would typically hear an admission decision from PhD/ScD programs in Epidemiology? I'm curious about some of the more competitive schools that I applied to (e.g. HSPH, JHSPH). Thanks! Also, if you know of a better forum to direct me to, please share.

Sorry, can't recommend a better source. Have you considered calling the program(s) in question?

I remember an MPH classmate of mine who applied to continue on in the PhD program who found out in January-February, if I recall correctly. Not sure if it's different for "in-house" people, though.

epiapp said:

I'm a PhD student in Epi at the Univ of WA. I think our acceptance letters usually go out mid/late February but it varies year to year.

Members don't see this ad :)
epiapp said:

epiapp,
I also applied to JHSPH, but for the psychiatric epi PhD program in the Department of Mental Health. Did you apply for straight epi? Have you heard yet? If not, please post when you find out. I anxiously check my mail every day but no letters yet. Thanks!

psyresearch said:
epiapp,
I also applied to JHSPH, but for the psychiatric epi PhD program in the Department of Mental Health. Did you apply for straight epi? Have you heard yet? If not, please post when you find out. I anxiously check my mail every day but no letters yet. Thanks!

Yes, I applied to the straight epi program, but haven't heard anything yet.

epiapp said:
Yes, I applied to the straight epi program, but haven't heard anything yet.

I actually got my letter today when I got home, I was accepted. I'm sure epi will be sending letters out soon or they are already in the mail. My letter was dated January 10th and the postmark was January 13th - it took 10 days to get to Boston from Baltimore which is really weird. Good luck.