PharmD Pinnacle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaginCajun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent definition or opinion on this? I mean when would a PharmD be at the highest point of their career?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that all depends on the specific person and their career path. A PharmD in a clinical position at a large teaching hospital may reach a different high point in their career than a PharmD in a clinical position at a small community hospital.
-For instance the PharmD at the small hospital might think that the high point is being able to convince their hospital administration that having a pharmacist in the ICU that rounds with docs and being able to orchestrate that while a PharmD in a large hospital won't have that to accomplish so their highpoint would be different.

I can't think of an achievement or accomplishment that would lead me to think, "man, it don't get no better than this."

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't think of an achievement or accomplishment that would lead me to think, "man, it don't get no better than this."

I'm pretty sure I would shoot myself if the thought "man, it don't get no better than this." ever crossed my mind while I was not mocking someone.

NO, Jac I see what your saying. I am just debating on whether to go back into the military? See they will put you in charge of the hospital and all pharmacies at the base if you stay in.

I just like to be involved, you know move and shake. It would be miserable fall to a career plateau.

I was mocking the grammar in that particular statement.

the beauty of pharmacy is that there really isn't a ceiling. you can go as far as you want to go.

I was mocking the grammar in that particular statement.

the beauty of pharmacy is that there really isn't a ceiling. you can go as far as you want to go.
You don't ev'n know da half-of-it... bro. :D
Louisiana slang is pretty interesting. Since RaginCagin is from Louisiana, I can see how that phrase could slip out.

In general, if you're from Louisiana, "it's about what you say and not about how you say it." Therefore, if a thought flows from your mind to your mouth freely, you can say your thought out loud exactly how it came to your mind... the smoother the better.
In this state, there are very few linguistic rules that people adhere to. The only rule that comes to mind is "y'all". You would never say "you guys" if you wanted to blend in.

:p

In this state, there are very few linguistic rules that people adhere to. The only rule that comes to mind is "y'all". You would never say "you guys" if you wanted to blend in.

I am in favor of "y'all". Maybe it's because I'm from Texas...

student
I am sure you are picking on me but I will still take the bait. I used to say "You can't win for losing", which doesn't make sense. You don't realize or notice these sayings until your out of the state and people constantly point it out for you.
After living in California and hearing grown men using "totally" as an adjective or being married to a PA woman who says "You guys" or "pierogie", I find there are other states who sound funny too. We are just not afraid to express our opinions. Which is not always a good thing but we do kick *** in football so that is all that really matters. :thumbup:

You don't ev'n know da half-of-it... bro. :D
Louisiana slang is pretty interesting. Since RaginCagin is from Louisiana, I can see how that phrase could slip out.

In general, if you're from Louisiana, "it's about what you say and not about how you say it." Therefore, if a thought flows from your mind to your mouth freely, you can say your thought out loud exactly how it came to your mind... the smoother the better.

student
I am sure you are picking on me but I will still take the bait. I used to say "You can't win for losing", which doesn't make sense. You don't realize or notice these sayings until your out of the state and people constantly point it out for you.
After living in California and hearing grown men using "totally" as an adjective or being married to a PA woman who says "You guys" or "pierogie", I find there are other states who sound funny too. We are just not afraid to express our opinions. Which is not always a good thing but we do kick *** in football so that is all that really matters. :thumbup:
I'm not picking on you at all. I've come to embrace the accent. It took me a long time to accept that I'm "Southern", because I used to have an aversion to the culture. My family is not from here, so while I was growing up, I always felt like I didn't belong. However, this is where I grew up, so I'm getting more comfortable with my own accent every year.

PS- It's not easy to say "y'all" when they teach you in school that "y'all" is not proper grammar. ;)

Also, I think the PharmD pinnacle is retirement. :p

I am very insecure about my accent. It's been 10 years and from 18 years in Louisiana I still say

"I'm gonna" "fixin, walkin, bein,..,etc"(can't pronounce g when using ing) You should see me when speaking with people from overseas we both end up getting mad at each other because we both have funny twangs.

I'm not picking on you at all. I've come to embrace the accent. It took me a long time to accept that I'm "Southern", because I used to have an aversion to the culture. My family is not from here, so while I was growing up, I always felt like I didn't belong. However, this is where I grew up, so I'm getting more comfortable with my own accent every year.

PS- It's not easy to say "y'all" when they teach you in school that "y'all" is not proper grammar. ;)

Also, I think the PharmD pinnacle is retirement. :p

I was just using my Arkansas phraseology. I figured it fit the convo is all. There aren't really many ceilings, but I've got a friend who also doesn't want to hit the wall either. He got into drug information. It's a great area, kind of a niche, but he's thinking the niche is a nook and doesn't want to limit his mobility. There aren't many places that are big enough to have a dedicated drug info department, so he'd either have to move up the short ladder or find another niche if he wanted a change of scenery.

I am very insecure about my accent. It's been 10 years and from 18 years in Louisiana I still say

"I'm gonna" "fixin, walkin, bein,..,etc"(can't pronounce g when using ing) You should see me when speaking with people from overseas we both end up getting mad at each other because we both have funny twangs.

and that's totally the opposite of the new mexicans.

they overemphasize the "G" in the ing.

drives me nuts.

I wuz out walkinnggggg (like inguh) my dogguh.

Hmmm...I never learned that in school. We learned that "y'all" was a contraction for "you all". I did not know it was not proper grammar.

Hmmm...I never learned that in school. We learned that "y'all" was a contraction for "you all". I did not know it was not proper grammar.
"You" is proper and not "y'all", "you guys", "all y'all", etc. "You" is second person singular and second person plural.

Even though that's the rule, I could care less when I speak or write informally. I just wouldn't write anything other than "you" in a formal paper.

The only pinnacle I could think of would be if you directly saved someones life, like if they came in and had some kind of toxicity and you administered the antidote. That would be pretty cool.