PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah and its messed up how most schools ask you to do it all over again on their supplementals! BOGUS!

What are you talkin about? That was my favorite part! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't see this on any other post and I looked through a lot. I'm filling out PharmCas for a deadline that is in January and I'm listing all of the courses that I have taken. I've taken over 120 credit hrs and a lot of them came from a non-related major. I have diploma in drafting and I started taking classes for a Cisco certification so I've been busy but do I have to fill all of that on PharmCas since I also took some pre-reqs at that school? That's a lot to put in.

That only half of what I put in. I filled out 225 credit hours.

Fill out everything you have taken. It sucked when I did it because I had filled in all my courses and thought I had done everything correctly, and the night of my deadline, I realized I had not, so I had to do it all over again!

Members don't see this ad :)
That only half of what I put in. I filled out 225 credit hours.

That makes me feel better :) even though it was 127 at one school and 30 at another. I'm still taking classes :( but that still won't be 225.

Fill out everything you have taken. It sucked when I did it because I had filled in all my courses and thought I had done everything correctly, and the night of my deadline, I realized I had not, so I had to do it all over again!

Yeah it does suck. I filled out the 127 and the 30. Now I have to put the courses I plan to take. I took one diploma level course at a technical college as a transient student and it's always a hassel to get them to send a transcript. You have to fill out a request and fax it to them then call them to pay the fee to process it, then it takes forever to get where it needs to go. I wish I could leave that one class off and not waste money on that transcript but I don't want my application to be incomplete without so I'll put it on there :mad:

It sends them right away, but DON'T wait until all of your references have completed them to e-submit! I did that and didn't get to apply to the school I really wanted to this year. Once you have e-submitted, you can play around with the references, that's just about the only thing you can change after you submit (besides fall grades at the end of this semester!)

Interesting, I didn't know that... what else can you change after you e-submit?
Do you have to complete supplemental applications (such as the one from UF) before e-submitting?

Do you have to complete supplemental applications (such as the one from UF) before e-submitting?

PharmCAS applications are independent of supplemental apps. You can submit PharmCAS without doing a supplemental but the individual school may not look at your application until you do their supplemental. Some schools send you the supplemental upon receipt of your PharmCAS app. Other schools don't require a supplemental until after you've been accepted.

That's about all you can change. When the application window is open (December-ish) you can update your fall course and it will recalculate your GPAs. And like the person said before me, the supplemental applications are not done through PharmCAS, and some schools don't even give you access to their supplemental appilcations until they recieve your application through PharmCAS.

That's about all you can change. When the application window is open (December-ish) you can update your fall course and it will recalculate your GPAs. And like the person said before me, the supplemental applications are not done through PharmCAS, and some schools don't even give you access to their supplemental appilcations until they recieve your application through PharmCAS.

You can also change contact information, and other such personal information.

Hi :] Has anyone had their GPA calculated on Pharmcas recently? If so can you say when you submitted your application, when the GPA was calculated, and if your transcripts finished arriving (I think it makes a difference) or if it wasn't when did the last transcript arrive? Thanks!
Also, how do you know you are on queue to have your GPA calculated? Is there something on the website that says something like "you're application is compete, waiting to be verified"? Im worried they might forget to put me on the line and never calculate the GPA :(

Last edited:
Submitted October 30, 2009 and received GPA calculations yesterday (Nov. 11, 2009)

They're coming just hold out!:scared:

haha thats funny i submitted on the oct/31st and got it today, they'll send u a Email and tell you your app is verified and GPA calced

They won't "forget" you! You paid money to make sure. I submitted mine when everything had arrived (Transcripts, LOR's) and GPA was calculated. However, I'm still holding on the PCAT scores. I think you can't submit it until your LOR's and transcripts come in, but GPA can be calculated after the fact.

Does addmissions go off your Pharmcas GPA or Transcript GPA?

I have like a .2 difference with pharmcas avg. system. Does addmissions actually glance at your transcripts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your information!

Has anyone else recently had their GPA verified by Pharmcas?

Last edited:
Hey guys I have a question about pharmcas and I couldn't find the answer anywhere in the forum. I took the June PCAT and am now waiting (very anxiously :scared::scared:) for my Oct. PCAT scores. Pharmcas has already sent my June PCAT scores to my schools of course so my question is how long will it take for them to actually forward my Oct. scores to the schools?
Thanks.

so last week, people who submitted their applications around Oct 31th had their GPAs verified. Has anyone else had their GPAs verified recently?

I know November 2nd was a deadline for quite a few schools, does anyone know if that will cause a delay since many people would probably submit then?

Hi, I submitted my pharmcas application a while ago but it hasn't been verified yet. Has anyone had their GPA verified by Pharmcas recently? If so when did you submit and when did they verify it? Thanx!

I submitted mine 11/2. They sent me an email this morning saying there was an error on my coursework (doh!) and to fix it in 48 hours. I fixed it that morning, and sent it by ... 2 PM. I got an email by 3 PM saying my GPA was calculated. I was pleasantly surprised by the quick turnaround time.

Sooo fyi they're coming, people! Good luck!

there seems to be a lag now then. 10/30->11/12 and now 11/2-> 20 the wait went from about 13 days to 18 days! maybe its because a lot of people submitted for the 11/2 deadline

Just got my GPA verified!!!!!!:D Submitted at 1:00 in the morning on 11/6 and it was verified this afternoon at 12. I called pharmcas but they said they weren't going to mail any out next monday :[ we are going to have to wait till the monday after that :[[[

Hi guys I have a question about Pharmcas thing.
I just read that I can add other schools after the submission.
Then is it still $40 each per school or does it start another initial fee of $ 150?
It did not seem to be clear to me.....
Anyone can help?

I submitted mine 11/2. They sent me an email this morning saying there was an error on my coursework (doh!) and to fix it in 48 hours. I fixed it that morning, and sent it by ... 2 PM. I got an email by 3 PM saying my GPA was calculated. I was pleasantly surprised by the quick turnaround time.

Sooo fyi they're coming, people! Good luck!

I was wondering, do they send an email saying "to fix" when there are like multiple errors other than typos? And after you fixed it and sent it back, did they immediately submitted your application to your designated schools?

Good morning XXX,

Your PharmCAS application has been returned to you for editing because you have not entered your coursework correctly in the "College Courses Completed" section.

You have failed to enter correct departmental course names & prefixes for your coursework at XXX University. A departmental prefix is typically a shortened version of the department that offers the courses name i.e. BIOL for Biology department. Other schools have a numeric prefix. Please add the prefixes that appear on your official transcript for all of your coursework. PharmCAS has corrected the first semester attended at XXX for you.

Please make all the necessary corrections and e-submit your application back to PharmCAS within 48 hours. Until you re-submit accurate and complete coursework, PharmCAS cannot process your application or forward it to your designated schools.

Thank you,
PharmCAS Staff

I got an email and a message via PharmCAS.

They did not send it to my designated schools immediately. They just had my GPA calculations completed. They will send the applications to my designated schools when they send all applications.

I need to know how to enter the AP classes on my pharmcas coursework section. I've read the official instructions and they are unclear. I've been to two colleges and they each gave me different course credit for the AP classes. One giving me credit for one semester of biology and the other giving me credit for two semesters of biology. I've been to both colleges about equal lengths of time. Do I enter the AP courses in the first semester of college 1 or enter them in the first semester of college 2 or both?

Also this quote, "Enter each course once from the transcript where it was originally taken, even if the credits transferred to another institution."

That seems very vague to me because it doesn't say enter each course only once. It just says enter each course once, so it could mean to enter the courses twice if they transferred to another college or it could mean to enter them just once.

Will either of these schools be granting you a degree at some point? If so, I'd list the AP classes under that school.

yes the last one should be granting me a degree. still is there any harm in listing the ap classes under both colleges?

yes the last one should be granting me a degree. still is there any harm in listing the ap classes under both colleges?

I was in the same boat. I listed my AP classes under the institution I graduated from, but PharmCAS added them to my post-bac school, which resulted in my AP classes being counted twice. I ended up e-mailing them about the mistake, which they corrected very quickly.

You can always give them a call and find out for sure.

hiii everyone

Will a recommendation evaluation e-submit if all sections are not completed by my recommendator????
I just had a recommendator fill out my pharmcas evaluation electronically. He gave me a call before he started and a few minutes later he was done. I have a feeling he might have skipped the short comment section about strength/weaknesses and pharmacy question.:confused:

obviously math gpa is just math.
science gpa pertains to science.

math&science gpa is for both.

Anyone still waiting for their PharmCAS to be sent? I submitted Nov. 2 and my GPA was calculated Nov. 20th and still not mailed. Anyone in a similar situation?

bump
anyone know??

I would call PharmCAS to see if everything is ok. They might not be able to tell you anything due to confidentiality issues, but its worth a try. Did you try to ask the recommendator if it had be completely thoroughly. I could see how that might be a problem, since you essentially questioning their competence in filling our a recommendation lol.

I got an email and a message via PharmCAS.

They did not send it to my designated schools immediately. They just had my GPA calculations completed. They will send the applications to my designated schools when they send all applications.

Oh, because I had the same experience with the Dental application and they were not very nice. They sent my application for me to fix, and I asked them how long would it take for them to send out the applications and they told me that about 4-8 weeks:eek:!!! Then I called Pharmcas, because I knew I had a couple of errors on the coursework (but they have not yet checked it!!) and they told me it would maybe take them no more than 10 business day to send the applications to the designated schools after I've fixed the errors. But I wasn't sure if it really would be like that.

What did you mean by "they will send the applications to my designated schools when they send all applications?"

well lets hope everything turns for the best:xf::luck:

EDIT: Today I received their email saying to fix the coursework. They also said I had 48hrs to fix it, I fixed it... so hopefully everything will turn out fine.

Last edited:
He was done fairly quickly and when i asked about the comments section he kinda of didn't answer my question and had to quickly get off the phone. :scared: I just hope he didn't take a shortcut lol

thanks, Im going to try call pharmcas.

I would call PharmCAS to see if everything is ok. They might not be able to tell you anything due to confidentiality issues, but its worth a try. Did you try to ask the recommendator if it had be completely thoroughly. I could see how that might be a problem, since you essentially questioning their competence in filling our a recommendation lol.

Yea I'm in the same situation. I called Pharmcas yesterday, and I was told that the applications will be mailed next Monday. They weren't sent this Monday because of the holiday weekend.

Yea I'm in the same situation. I called Pharmcas yesterday, and I was told that the applications will be mailed next Monday. They weren't sent this Monday because of the holiday weekend.

Thanks for the info, it's good to hear that. Sucks that we missed last Monday though.

He was done fairly quickly and when i asked about the comments section he kinda of didn't answer my question and had to quickly get off the phone. :scared: I just hope he didn't take a shortcut lol

thanks, Im going to try call pharmcas.

lol, im sure you are going to be fine. If you chose him to write you a recommendation Im sure he knows you very well and would never try to screw you over. haha.

Anyone still waiting for their PharmCAS to be sent? I submitted Nov. 2 and my GPA was calculated Nov. 20th and still not mailed. Anyone in a similar situation?

This has nothing to do with e-submit date, does it? o_o

It just refers to when Pharmcas sends the application to your listed schools, amirite? Please let me be right. One of 3 schools has a Pharmcas deadline of 12/1 and I submitted 11/30 in the morning

This has nothing to do with e-submit date, does it? o_o

Once you e-submit your application they go through and make sure your courses are correct and then calculate your GPA. After they do that, they mail your application to the different pharmacy schools for review. Since mine is still waiting to be mailed my schools haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet.

I e-submitted on the 20th but my grades/gpa were all tabulated (already -submitted, just added a couple schools) and it hasn't sent mine out.

However, to the schools I already applied to, they sent out my "revised" application - this just means they sent them my latest pcat scores. So they sent out the pcat scores, but not the applications.

Another point - one of the schools I e-submitted but was not mailed yet sent me an email saying they received my application. They must email them or something also.

I was about to start the same topic. I sent mine 11/2. Still not mailed. My supplemental is due tomorrow, which I submitted three weeks ago. I'm worried because an application is not deemed "complete" until both are received, and given my PharCAS will not be mailed until next monday, do you think I am missing the deadline? I guess this is what happens when you submit on congested deadline days :)

From what I understand, you need to have submitted your materials to pharmcas by the school's deadline.
The schools do have access to your pharmcas application before its sent to them. One school emailed me right after I submitted my application and told me I had missing prerequisites and my application has still not been mailed to them by pharmcas.

Just an update for anyone looking at this thread to see PharmCAS's progress: e-submitted 11/11, verified 12/1 at 4:40pm!!

From what I understand, you need to have submitted your materials to pharmcas by the school's deadline.
The schools do have access to your pharmcas application before its sent to them. One school emailed me right after I submitted my application and told me I had missing prerequisites and my application has still not been mailed to them by pharmcas.
interesting. thanks for the information:)

What did you mean by "they will send the applications to my designated schools when they send all applications?"

Once they vertify your GPA, they do not immediately mail out your application. They usually mail out everyone's applications once a week. So once it is vertified, your applications will be sent when they have their mass mailing.