Pharmacy school: Interviews, Preparations, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifehappens798

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am just currently planning on attending on applying to pharmacy school in a few weeks. I know the PCAT is required for some schools and would like to get a head start if I can. I do not want to wait because if I do, I am never going to accomplish anything.

As of now, my situation is not permitting me to study for any tests because I am currently enrolled in some chemistry courses which can be demanding and since I had some spare time, I decided to just ask if there is anything I can do now to start. Most students at my university do not care about what they do and they just have no idea where they are going to go. I am planning on transferring out if necessary as a junior either to a UC or to some other school. Right now, I am attending a Cal State, and the schools provide us with study guides which I find are ridiculous because if one were to attend grad schools, I doubt that we would all be getting study guides. I find it to be a way of "babying" someone and not letting them learn on their own. I am trying to stand out amongst a bunch of students who do not think that their education is important or feel like they are not motivated. They do not care about their future, but rather to just get that "piece of paper" and then take it from there. That "piece of paper," or your diploma, will not get you far unless you have some experience or some transferrable or practical skills that employers find attractive and as a candidate, one needs to start preparing now, not wait until the very last minute like some of these students are. When I see these students, I am just going,"Why am I here at this school? I do not belong here?" Personally, I came because I want to spend less on tuition. If I had a choice, I would go elsewhere. I feel that this school does not allow me to advance in the future at all. These students do not have ambition or the drive to succeed which disappoints me.

Is UCSD a good pharmacy program because right now I am debating between UCSD and some others?

When you do get accepted to any pharmacy school, I presume that there will be an interview. What are some frequently asked questions that you would like to share? I mean, these questions may not be exactly what the interviewer asks, but if so, I would like to be prepared.

Members don't see this ad.