Pharmacy options.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zn1988

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between PharmD/PhD and PharmD/MBA, which one is better? (generally, not individually).

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really depends on what field you wanna go into.. if you wanna do research or go into academia I'd say PhD. If you wanna work in retail or possibly open your own store then obviously MBA. If you wanna work for a pharmacutical company it would also depend on what you wanna do there. If you wanna work for their research and development area then obviously a PhD would be ideal but if you wanna work in some other aspect of the company than an MBA could be beneficial.

This is like asking what kind of doctor you should be: DDO, MD, PharmD, PhD, OD, etc. It all depends on what you want to do for a career.

Members don't see this ad :)
it all depends on what you want to do. A PharmD/PhD is "generally" not going to be better if you are looking to be a community pharmacist.

Depends. If you want to do research, do PharmD/PhD, but if you want to do clinical research I know some colleges don't let you do the dual degree. MBA is generally better for anything else.