Pharmacy Interview Invites Without PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtofu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if PCAT-required pharmacy schools still send out interview invitations for applicants who didn't even take their PCAT yet? (Assuming my stats are alright and I have plenty of pharmacy experience). I'm planning on taking my PCAT on Sept 3, but it is possible that I might postpone that till mid-Sept. I'm especially curious because this might affect my decision to postpone my PCAT exam and just study/work on supplementals until then. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, because your application will be considered incomplete, and they won't review it until you have all the materials in.

Actually I got invited to an interview for a school in CT without taking my pcat (sept. 3) yet.

Actually I got invited to an interview for a school in CT without taking my pcat (sept. 3) yet.

Which one? I expect that a large percentage of PCAT schools will not give you an interview unless your application is complete because everything is needed for the admission committee to review your file. It normally takes 5 weeks to get your PCAT scores processed so pushing your PCAT back will add another two weeks for schools to get your complete file and begin reviewing it.