Pharmacy Internship Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

center

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a U2 student going to be a P1 and just recently offered a summer internship with Walgreens Pharmacy..had a quick question though. What are the hours an intern usually works? Do interns generally work in the morning, evening? or are they given random hours throughout the week?

(I am debating whether or not I should be taking summer classes so just trying to figure out the scheduling)

-Also, what can I expect the pay rate to be as a pharmacy intern at Walgreens?

-Rebecca

Members don't see this ad.

I did the Walgreens internship last year. You'll work 32 hours a week. You will make up your schedule with your pharmacy manager. I worked at all times to see what it was like at different hours of the day.

I am a P2 student and just recently offered a summer internship with Walgreens Pharmacy..had a quick question though. What are the hours an intern usually works? Do interns generally work in the morning, evening? or are they given random hours throughout the week?

(I am debating whether or not I should be taking summer classes so just trying to figure out the scheduling)

-Rebecca

It depends, that is something you should ask Walgreens about. Some interns work graveyard, some work in morning, some in evening, some weekdays and weekends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you get paid as an intern? What do you do as an intern (i.e. a pharmacist's job, a tech's job, more just shadowing, etc.)? :)

thanks for your replies! :)

btw did you guys stay with Walgreens after your internship?

Do you get paid as an intern? What do you do as an intern (i.e. a pharmacist's job, a tech's job, more just shadowing, etc.)? :)

You stand there and they give you money.

Asking question is great and all but from the looks of your questions, you have not read the FAQs section or searched the forum to see if your question has already been answered. It's a good way to find answers right away without having to wait for people to reply.

I am a P2 student and just recently offered a summer internship with Walgreens Pharmacy..had a quick question though. What are the hours an intern usually works? Do interns generally work in the morning, evening? or are they given random hours throughout the week?

-Also, what can I expect the pay rate to be as a pharmacy intern at Walgreens?

-Rebecca

The hours you work and pay depend on the district or market you work at. I was able to work 40 for most of the summer. The schedule for me was different every week. My manager tried to make it fair for everyone. If you want to work less or don't want to work certain days, you could let them know and see if they can work with you. I don't think it would hurt your chances for being an intern because my district was very flexible.
I only worked there last summer. The Pharmacy Supervisor and Intern Coordinator I worked for scheduled the interns to go around the district to show us the operations of the company throughout the summer. I thought it was a good experience.

Here it is around $15/hr for p1's with $2 raise each year.

Basically it depends on the manager. I know some interns that do a lot of counseling and pharmacist responsibilites. Yet I also know some interns that do mainly pharm tech work (mainly b/c the store is so incredibly busy), like drive thru/cashier/filling.

Hey everyone, I got the internship offer!! They are paying me $11/hr ...should i accept? (or is that kinda low for intern pay?)

^I am located in central New Jersey.

They are offering $12.50 for Incoming P1 students in the South Florida Area, and $15 for P1s ( Incoming P2s).

What is the going rate for an internships? How many weeks is it?
If you have more than one offer, how do you decide?

What should I look for?:)