Pharmacy Curriculum Outcomes Assessment® (PCOA®)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted759896

Dear fellow Pharm.D. Candidates,

I am a P3 student in the United States of America in the Midwest. I am reaching out to you to see if anyone has any study guides for the PCOA exam.
I know that almost everyone advises against studying or preparing for this standardized exam, unfortunately, my Pharmacy school requires us to pass the PCOA in order to move to P4 year. I tried reaching out to professors and to the dean of the school of pharmacy, but none of them were helpful. Therefore, I am reaching out to you guys for help! I perform very poorly on standardized exams especially with having Engish as my second language and I need your help! Please send me any study guides you guys made or guides your schools provided you with or any Quizlets or google docs for the PCOA exam would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
a P3 exhausted, overcaffeinated Pharmacy student.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly: don’t worry about it. It’s non standard. If you don’t pass they will help you remediate, which you likely need anyway. Chill out and focus on everything else.

Reactions: 1 user
That test was ******ed and everyone bombed it. If I remember correctly it didn’t have hardly a single drug/pharmacotherapy question on it when I took it. It was mostly biochem and some microbiology stuff from undergrad.

Complete waste of time for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Not standardized at all in terms of how schools use it:

Unfortunate that your school is actually using the scores for more than curriculum development. It has a completely different focus than the NAPLEX and wasn’t developed or studied for rotation readiness.