Pharmacists Working in PBMs/Managed Care are Scumbags #RuiningTheProfession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I now truly believe today, that the chains did what they did because the PBMs caused it. I use to believe that the chains were all evil. But knowing what i know today from my experience in the last 3 years, the PBMs are the root of all evil.

M, I was at a conference this year and a pharmacist somehow had a print out of an "EOB" type form that was supposed to go to united health care from Prescrip Soln (I think) and it had a list of rx claims they were billing UHC for and the rates were ridiculous. There were charging like $60-70 for atenolol to UHC and giving the pharmacy like $6. I would be happy charging UHC $40 and really save them some cash.

If we can convince the insurance companies that the PBMs are screwing them, maybe we would have some power in better regulating them. &^$*ers!

Members don't see this ad.

M, I was at a conference this year and a pharmacist somehow had a print out of an "EOB" type form that was supposed to go to united health care from Prescrip Soln (I think) and it had a list of rx claims they were billing UHC for and the rates were ridiculous. There were charging like $60-70 for atenolol to UHC and giving the pharmacy like $6. I would be happy charging UHC $40 and really save them some cash.

If we can convince the insurance companies that the PBMs are screwing them, maybe we would have some power in better regulating them. &^$*ers!

Yep, I saw an EOB from caremark from a pt and saw 180 tabs of metformin for like $87!! This was a mail order script. Repackaged NDC's!!!! PBMs are evil and thieves. I dont care what anyone says. We get audited on a monthly basis and the chargeback is between $1000-$5000 monthly. Technicalities, that is it. Thieves.