Pharmacists injecting Botox and Juvederm in NY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Doom & Gloom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this even legal in NYS?
Someone from our school has a mede-spa and she injects these herself.
I couldn't find any information from NY state board.
I assume this is legal in VA given that pharmacists have the right to inject anything IM.
Anyone familiar with this?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Is this even legal in NYS?
Someone from our school has a mede-spa and she injects these herself.
I couldn't find any information from NY state board.
I assume this is legal in VA given that pharmacists have the right to inject anything IM.
Anyone familiar with this?

Yes, if it is legal for pharmacist to inject medication in particular state, you can do it. they will have to have some training first like nurses do. do they inject themselves as well ? that would be unethical

Yes, if it is legal for pharmacist to inject medication in particular state, you can do it. they will have to have some training first like nurses do. do they inject themselves as well ? that would be unethical
Thanks Dr. Nick.

Do you have anything to support your opinion?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dr. Nick.

Do you have anything to support your opinion?
It's not an opinion. In states where injecting medication is Legal from State regulation and state boards of health, then it is legal for pharmacists to inject medications. There are several states where Pharmacists are giving flu shots and other injectable meds. Is injecting Botox same thing ? Not sure but if it is legal for pharmacist in that particular state to inject medication, and Physician in that office is supervising these activities, then i don't see why they couldn't do it. It all depends if Legal status of pharmacists can and can't do in that state.

see below
It's not an opinion.
It is literally the definition of an opinion.
"a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge"

In states where injecting medication is Legal from State regulation and state boards of health, then it is legal for pharmacists to inject medications.
This means literally nothing.
There are several states where Pharmacists are giving flu shots and other injectable meds.
Yes, under vaccination protocols which list the specific Vaccines to be given.
Is injecting Botox same thing ?
no.
Not sure
you are literally admitting that you don't know and that you're pulling your opinion out of the night sky. One might even say it's from Uranus
but if it is legal for pharmacist in that particular state to inject medication, and Physician in that office is supervising these activities, then i don't see why they couldn't do it.
Why? What would make you think this? Are you able to articulate your thoughts and reasoning? If not, why post at all?
It all depends if Legal status of pharmacists can and can't do in that state.
Of course it does. It's a true/false situation. Either it's legal or not. Your post stating "It may be true or false" is meaningless.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not an opinion.
It is literally the definition of an opinion.
"a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge"

In states where injecting medication is Legal from State regulation and state boards of health, then it is legal for pharmacists to inject medications.
This means literally nothing.
There are several states where Pharmacists are giving flu shots and other injectable meds.
Yes, under vaccination protocols which list the specific Vaccines to be given.
Is injecting Botox same thing ?
no.
Not sure
you are literally admitting that you don't know and that you're pulling your opinion out of the night sky. One might even say it's from Uranus
but if it is legal for pharmacist in that particular state to inject medication, and Physician in that office is supervising these activities, then i don't see why they couldn't do it.
Why? What would make you think this? Are you able to articulate your thoughts and reasoning? If not, why post at all?
It all depends if Legal status of pharmacists can and can't do in that state.
Of course it does. It's a true/false situation. Either it's legal or not. Your post stating "It may be true or false" is meaningless.
OK, i respect what you wrote above. If so, then why don't you report those people who you think is injecting Botox Illegally ? This happens more often than you think.