Pharmacist Salary Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1)You are the one going on and on about surgeons. I never once say anything about surgeons not making money.

2) My friend at UNC medical school wants to be a heart surgeon and she is complaining about her salary going down. Her father is a heart surgeon, he isn't happy about it either. She was hoping to make 1 million a year like her father. SO whats wrong with that statement?

ROFL....really? she wants to make a million? i have never heard of someone who goes into surgery because they want to make a million. anyone in medical school knows this. do I smell BS? Because if you're in med school and you dont know that heart surgeons dont make a million you've got a problem. you've got an even bigger problem if her fatherh knows he's not making it and she's still dreaming about it. get real. you sound really dense here. I'm not making jack up about it. you said it. not me.

I think you are just pissed off b/c you were expecting a "OMG MD are the BEST!!! Everyone thats not a medical school student are medical school rejects!" :rolleyes: If I was to say that...the conversation would have ended with a happy face and you would have left for good. But since I didn't exactly say that you are piss off. :laugh: And please don't brag about a surgeon's salary until you are ACTUALLY the surgeon. :rolleyes:

again-YOU MADE THE ASSUMPTION. I never said MDs are the best OMG OMG please suck up to docs. I never even mentioned it. you made the assumption that I must be like that. thats an assumption. AN ASSUMPTION. LOL.

3) I really don't care if you think I am dumb or smart. I know my own abilities and unlike you I don't feel the need to brag on a public forum about it. I also don't feel the need to brag about specialities that I am NOT a part of as well. Lets see, " you think you are better b/c you are in medical school and medical school is harder to get into than pharmacy school." People like you are so common, especially at Columbia, so I am SOOOO use to it. Tell me something I don't know. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

again I NEVER SAID I WAS BETTER NOR THAT I THINK IM BETTER because its harder to get into. I never made that comment either. in fact you've been making things up as we go along....this is another ASSUMPTION. LOL. I never said you are dumb. I said, you dont know what your talking about in this subject...hence you're an airhead about it. you still are.

I never mentioned my own intelligence whether its high or low. ANOTHER ASSUMPTION.

4) I am not making any assumpations, so far I have only stated that general dentist make more than general physicans, YOU bragged about a surgeon's salary, I say some dentist don't take insurance which is a fact and some doctors are piss off about an decrease in salary which is also a FACT....so what wrong with my statements?

5) I think YOU are the one that needs to claim down. I type a few sentences and you type a novel in defense. :rolleyes:

The problem here is: Your ego is too big for your own good. If you don't hear someone kissing your ass about being in Medical school you automatically put them in the "You are always wrong" category. Besides the obvious fact that medical schools are harder to get into than pharmacy schools...I am still trying to figure out where in the hell does your HUGE ego come from.

[/QUOTE]
you never said dentists vs general practitioners... just dentists vs physicians....

no ego here...just showing your folly.

man you are stupid.

NOW I said it. (perhaps you can read the future?)

Members don't see this ad.

She's got a Facebook full of photos, including some w/ her holding "HI SDN" signs written on paper, so unless he's a dude with a completely falsified Facebook and had a young, hot asian hold signs for him, then she is what she says she is.

And thinking that someone would go through that much trouble just to represent himself/herself as a female on a forum is pretty silly...

Just my 6 pence.

dude...i was just kididng. wow.

My E-Peen is really stroked now guys, really stroked. thanks all.

Internet_argument.jpg

Carry on, ladies and gentlemen!

Members don't see this ad :)

Only man with small penis will actually go out of their way to brag on a public forum about themselves. I am so glad going into a PHARMACY FORUM to brag about your acceptance to a third tier medical school has made you feel better. You must be lucky that you got into medical school, I mean how else are you going to compensate for such a small penis? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can BRAG about any salary you want, surgeon or whatever, it doesn't matter. The fact is YOU might not even pass the first year, so bragging about "future" salaries that you proberly won't have just doesn't make you look very good. My friend is upset that she will not make 1 million, I never say she didn't know she won't you *******. I know for a fact that you will have to make at least 1 Million dollars a year to compensate for being such a LOSER. I mean how else are you ever going to get laid?

PS. Most confident MEDICAL STUDENTS won't feel the need to brag about themselves ON A PHARMACY FORUM. Man, your penis must be really small. :eek:

Last edited:
Only man with small penis will actually go out of their way to brag on a public forum about themselves. I am so glad going into a PHARMACY FORUM to brag about your acceptance to a third tier medical school has made you feel better. You must be lucky that you got into medical school, I mean how else are you going to compensate for such a small penis? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can BRAG about any salary you want, surgeon or whatever, it doesn't matter. The fact is YOU might not even pass the first year, so bragging about "future" salaries that you might/proberly won't have just doesn't make you look very good. My friend is upset that she will not make 1 million, I never say she didn't know she won't you *******.

PS. Most confident MEDICAL STUDENTS won't feel the need to brag about themselves ON A PHARMACY FORUM. Man, your penis must be really small. :eek:

LMFAO....man wtf are you talking about? This is way too funny to be taken seriously. LOL. I'm gonn post this on my facebook page. hahahah. I havnt bragged at all, i was replying to all the fallacies you posted. you posted 2k comments...im surprised you got this far believing all this crap.

haha...my status says premed. im not in med school. Im not bragging about salaries....wtf? I may never be a surgeon so why do i care about their salaries? im pointing stuff out, wtf?

LOL. WTF man? you're crazy. you're not stupid, you're nuts.

too bad you don't have a real penis. :rolleyes:

LMFAO....man wtf are you talking about? This is way too funny to be taken seriously. LOL. I'm gonn post this on my facebook page. hahahah. I havnt bragged at all, i was replying to all the fallacies you posted. you posted 2k comments...im surprised you got this far believing all this crap.

haha...my status says premed. im not in med school. Im not bragging about salaries....wtf? I may never be a surgeon so why do i care about their salaries? im pointing stuff out, wtf?

LOL. WTF man? you're crazy. you're not stupid, you're nuts.

How about you GET INTO MED SCHOOL FIRST and then come back and be a jerk. :idea:

too bad you don't have a real penis. :rolleyes:

yea. i feel so emasculated on an online forum that I have a small member. I'll go cry in my room.

you're nuts. plain and simple. you have no clue how the medical establishment works. you're a future pharmacist.

you+pharmacy=fear. I'm scared. I hope I never get medications from you.

How about you GET INTO MED SCHOOL FIRST and then come back and be a jerk. :idea:

how about you stop talking? a quick look through your posts and almost everyone rebuts what you say. apparantly im not hte only one. most people say..wow, where ever you heard that is absolutely wrong.

seems like im not the first. i'm done here. good bye.

yea. i feel so emasculated on an online forum that I have a small member. I'll go cry in my room.

you're nuts. plain and simple. you have no clue how the medical establishment works. you're a future pharmacist.

you+pharmacy=fear. I'm scared. I hope I never get medications from you.

In all seriousness, I hope for YOUR safety you never have to get any medications. I mean you come on the PHARMACY FORUM to insult pharmacists and expect to be treated well by pharmacists? God you are the stupid one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...I can't believe the amount of responses to this thread...it was definitely more than I originally imagined! I hope that its been helpful :)

LOL @ NaOH... thread of the week for sure...

I've never even been over to the other professional school sections because they simply don't concern me at this time. My undergrad ONLY had a medical school, so pretty much all my classmates were "pre MD". I feel like it's common for very bright and oftentimes very young students to have huge egos... espcially out of high school into undergrad. You probably never had to work for anything during grade school, had the highest SAT in your class, graduated valedictorian, salutatorian, whatever. But I've met pre law, art, pre pharmacy, physics majors, you name it, who are less lazy and sharper than some pre-meds. I've seen so called "lesser" degree candidates school pre-meds in chemistry, math, etc. So maybe we shouldn't enforce stereotypes on all professions as a whole... unless you're insecure in your own choices I don't see the reason for it. I love patient contact, blood and the human body does NOT bother me. We all chose a career for different reasons. Like I said before... how boring and unfunctional life would be if we were all the same.

LOL @ NaOH... thread of the week for sure...

I've never even been over to the other professional school sections because they simply don't concern me at this time. My undergrad ONLY had a medical school, so pretty much all my classmates were "pre MD". I feel like it's common for very bright and oftentimes very young students to have huge egos... espcially out of high school into undergrad. You probably never had to work for anything during grade school, had the highest SAT in your class, graduated valedictorian, salutatorian, whatever. But I've met pre law, art, pre pharmacy, physics majors, you name it, who are less lazy and sharper than some pre-meds. I've seen so called "lesser" degree candidates school pre-meds in chemistry, math, etc. So maybe we shouldn't enforce stereotypes on all professions as a whole... unless you're insecure in your own choices I don't see the reason for it. I love patient contact, blood and the human body does NOT bother me. We all chose a career for different reasons. Like I said before... how boring and unfunctional life would be if we were all the same.

First of all this person isn't even in medical school yet and he feels that he is above every other profession. He tells me he knows how much doctors and dentist make and his quotes are way off. (General dentist=cosmetic dentist, he is too stupid to figure that out. "cosmetic" isn't even a specality. General dentist DOCTOR OF DENTAL SURGERY does SURGERY.:idea: and most make more than physcians) I was at Columbia where they combine medical/dental students together and most of the med students know that.

But thats not the point. The point is if you say ANY Of the following to a med student (or a LOSER that thinks he is a med student, but haven't even gotten an acceptance yet!:rolleyes:) they will get mad at you, and cry like a baby.

1) I can get into medical school, but I choose a different profession. (They will always call you a LIAR, when you say that for some reason. Its like they want you to say, "I am a medical school reject, so I choose another profession. You are so smart. Can I have your autograph?":laugh:)

2) I have no interest in going into medical school. (they will call you a liar)

3) Dentists who own their own practices make on average more than physicans. Most dental offices open 3-4 days a week. (for some reason this ONE ALWAYS pisses them off. If you do your research carefully, instead of quoting figures from salary.com you will know that I am right, but watch that idiot Surag come back on here to attack me. He gets piss off so easily its hilarious:laugh:)

4) PhD, PharmD, DDS, DMD, etc. ARE DOCTORS and they are just as smart as MD. (this one will really PISS them off:rolleyes:)

5) Doctors have to work hard and be on call. (Most doctors will agree with this one, but Surag for some reason thinks doctors make money easily with a better lifestyle than people from other professions??? I think this guy is an idiot. :confused:)

6) Doctors salaries are decreasing.

To sum it up. I basically say numbers 1), 2), 3), 5), and 6) to this guy and he went crazy. He told me "good bye" 3 times now in this thread but will come back in 5 minutes I guarntee you.

Imagine what would happen if I was to say 4) as well??? He will proberly hunt me down and kill me. And this is a pre-med student that HASN'T EVEN RECIEVE AN ACCEPTANCE YET!!! Thats the biggest JOKE of the day.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know there are med students that are not like this, but this Surag guy fits the "stereotypical" cocky med student mold very well. He accuses me of fitting in a stereotype when he is the stereotype all along.

First of all this person isn't even in medical school yet and he feels that he is above every other profession. He tells me he knows how much doctors and dentist make and his quotes are way off. (General dentist=cosmetic dentist, he is too stupid to figure that out. "cosmetic" isn't even a specality. General dentist DOCTOR OF DENTAL SURGERY does SURGERY.:idea: and most make more than physcians) I was at Columbia where they combine medical/dental students together and most of the med students know that.

But thats not the point. The point is if you say ANY Of the following to a med student (or a LOSER that thinks he is a med student, but haven't even gotten an acceptance yet!:rolleyes:) they will get mad at you, and cry like a baby.

1) I can get into medical school, but I choose a different profession. (They will always call you a LIAR, when you say that for some reason. Its like they want you to say, "I am a medical school reject, so I choose another profession. You are so smart. Can I have your autograph?":laugh:)

3) Dentists who own their own practices make on average more than physicans. Most dental offices open 3-4 days a week. (for some reason this ONE ALWAYS pisses them off. If you do your research carefully, instead of quoting figures from salary.com you will know that I am right, but watch that idiot Surag come back on here to attack me. He gets piss off so easily its hilarious:laugh:)

4) PhD, PharmD, DDS, DMD, etc. ARE DOCTORS and they are just as smart as MD. (this one will really PISS them off:rolleyes:)

5) Doctors have to work hard and be on call. (Most doctors will agree with this one, but Surag for some reason thinks doctors make money easily with a better lifestyle than people from other professions??? I think this guy is an idiot. :confused:)

To sum it up. I basically say numbers 1), 2), 3), 5), and 6) to this guy and he went crazy. He told me "good bye" 3 times now in this thread but will come back in 5 minutes I guarntee you.

Imagine what would happen if I was to say 4) as well??? He will proberly hunt me down and kill me. And this is a pre-med student that HASN'T EVEN RECIEVE AN ACCEPTANCE YET!!! Thats the biggest JOKE of the day.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know there are med students that are not like this, but this Surag guy fits the "stereotypical" cocky med student mold very well. He accuses me of fitting in a stereotype when he is the stereotype all along.
Doctors are SOOOOOO screwed right now with Obama's proposed healthcare plans.

Doctors are SOOOOOO screwed right now with Obama's proposed healthcare plans.

Tell that to Surag and watch him EXPOSED. :laugh::laugh::laugh: According to him, doctor's salaries are increasing and MD aren't on call, work very few hours, and make over 400K a year. This guy really is a joke, no wonder he isn't in med school.

Tell that to Surag and watch him EXPOSED. :laugh::laugh::laugh: According to him, doctor's salaries are increasing and MD aren't on call, work very few hours, and make over 400K a year. This guy really is a joke, no wonder he isn't in med school.
Surag does not have a clue of what the heck he is talking about! :)

Surag does not have a clue of what the heck he is talking about! :)

:thumbup: and don't worry he will be back in here to spread more BS, even though he says he will not be. This thread will last forever b/c of this idiot. LOL...

What cracks me up is that students like to go around proclaiming the superiority of their future profession...then when they actually start doing that profession, they wish they went to some other professional school because they realized that just about every job in the world sucks. Physicians who hate the god awful hours, on-call annoyances, and giant commitment that wish they just did pharmacy...Pharmacists that hate the gulag-esque work conditions and bizarre hours that wish they just did dentistry...Dentists who want to go outside the mouth that wish they just went to PA School...PAs who think they should be more important that wish they just went to medical school. Some day I'll see a PA-C, MD, PharmD, DDS that did the entire cycle.

Imagine what would happen if I was to say 4) as well??? He will proberly hunt me down and kill me. And this is a pre-med student that HASN'T EVEN RECIEVE AN ACCEPTANCE YET!!! Thats the biggest JOKE of the day.

Less skimming, more actual reading. I think half the arguments were about what you thought he said vs what he actually said. But at least you got to make him look bad on a web forum.:rolleyes: Oh wait, nvm.:oops:

What cracks me up is that students like to go around proclaiming the superiority of their future profession...then when they actually start doing that profession, they wish they went to some other professional school because they realized that just about every job in the world sucks. Physicians who hate the god awful hours, on-call annoyances, and giant commitment that wish they just did pharmacy...Pharmacists that hate the gulag-esque work conditions and bizarre hours that wish they just did dentistry...Dentists who want to go outside the mouth that wish they just went to PA School...PAs who think they should be more important that wish they just went to medical school. Some day I'll see a PA-C, MD, PharmD, DDS that did the entire cycle.

Thats very true. If I was given the choice to do ANYTHING that I wanted to do it would not be pharmacy. And it definetly would NOT be MD either.

Man, I'm embarassed to be posting on this thread, but it is just so dern hilarious! I mean I could flip through reality TV all day and it would not reach near this level of drama. NEways @ WVU I did know of someone a classmate of mine knew who went to pharm school, then MD, then didn't like the hours so they went to dental school (heard they had a hard time getting accepted b/c the adcoms were seriously doubting that they would stay in the profession and provide a meaningful contribution to society)

The target where my parents go is quite busy. There is a pharmacist and a student on rotation and they all seem really busy.

This article needs to be closed, it does not fulfill the doom and gloom quota.

Love the Jags!! Hoping for a good year! Just graduated from UF, so I'm a GATOR fan as well!! I see you're at FAMU. Have a few new grads from FAMU working with me...they're great!

Where in FL is Target hiring?? I heard they let go of most of their grad interns due to "saturation"...

I saw a job as a full time float in Ft Myers, FL the other day when I looked (thinking about moving to florida).

And just as I posted that it's 112k in texas (DFW), it just increased to 115k :D
But, they also reduced tech hrs and pharmacy operating hrs several months ago (at slower stores). I bet it was a really cake job back then. Around here, the slow Targets (<100 rx/day) are actually the hardest to work at in my opinion.....very little tech help and it's hard to get everything done within operating hours. <100rxs doesn't sound like much, but with the inefficient computer/labeling system and being by yourself, stuff piles up quick :thumbdown:

I saw a job as a full time float in Ft Myers, FL the other day when I looked (thinking about moving to florida).

And just as I posted that it's 112k in texas (DFW), it just increased to 115k :D
But, they also reduced tech hrs and pharmacy operating hrs several months ago (at slower stores). I bet it was a really cake job back then. Around here, the slow Targets (<100 rx/day) are actually the hardest to work at in my opinion.....very little tech help and it's hard to get everything done within operating hours. <100rxs doesn't sound like much, but with the inefficient computer/labeling system and being by yourself, stuff piles up quick :thumbdown:

:cool:

wow, when target pays that much $, what is the point of working for 20k less in a hospital or university, or 40k less for the government?

people consider their lifestyles, the environment in which they work, like the part of the neighborhood where the store is located and things like the crime rates in that part of town. retail does pay more, but it gets so much more stressful. some people don't mind the stress as much as working in a hospital or a university, so they choose to work in retail. other times, you just need the money and/or the experience.

people consider their lifestyles, the environment in which they work, like the part of the neighborhood where the store is located and things like the crime rates in that part of town. retail does pay more, but it gets so much more stressful. some people don't mind the stress as much as working in a hospital or a university, so they choose to work in retail. other times, you just need the money and/or the experience.

I float for Target and work at some stores that do 100 a day and other stores that do over 300 a day. Stress is only what you make of it; at times I feel myself getting pressured but then I step back and realize everything is going to happen at my discretion whether the patient/doctor likes it or not. Once you realize that, it's gravy baby :laugh:

That was a serious question.

There not going to drop so dont worry. I dont know any pharmacist that would work for less than what there making now. If your so worried about it dont go in.

This question is asking us to be able to predict the future with a magic 8 ball. Truth is we cant. I understand the fear of saturatino but remember its really only saturated right now because so many people cant retire. It will pass eventually.

Basics economical principles dictate that salaries will not drop precipitously.

Job availability is a much bigger problem than a salary drop, if you want to worry about something.

it will depend on the health care reform. if it passes then the health care industry is screwed.

Do you base that on anything at all empirical or is that your prediction as a soothsayer?

you know, the government is not good at regulating anything. they should help with funding and let the private insurance companies compete.

you know, the government is not good at regulating anything. they should help with funding and let the private insurance companies compete.
Yea screw government regulated health care! After all, pharmacists get no money from medicare. /s

Sure, let's get rid of that and see pharmacist salaries go down for real.

If anything, a public option would let everyone have insurance which would ensure a steady income for pharmacists.

These types of questions annoy me. You need to learn more about the profession of pharmacy before you ask ridiculous questions. Theres no such thing as a stupid question (really there is, but we say there are not so we can amuse ourselves by hearing the dumb questions then talk about the person afterward), but there are ridiculous questions and this is one of them.

But do yourself a favor, obviously you don't know much about the profession, but during your interview they will ask questions related to the profession, if you have the same idea as you do now about the profession of pharmacy you will fail that part of the interview miserably.

The salary will not drop.

Private insurance companies will compete anyway, even under the "reformed" system! There will simply be a gov't option. I do not believe the gov't option will bankrupt insurance companies. You can rest assured folks running Anthem Blue Cross aren't quaking in their boots... This is NOT a single payer system.

Even if it WAS a single payer system, it has nothing to do with pharmacists' salaries, and I am not seeing the correlation that somehow you think exists.

Even if it WAS a single payer system, it has nothing to do with pharmacists' salaries, and I am not seeing the correlation that somehow you think exists.

If it was a single payer system pharmacist salaries will go down. I mean if EVERYONE uses government insurance and governement insurance pays for all the prescriptions (meaning NO cash paying patients) then the government can simply choose to reimbursement whatever amount to pharmacies that he wishes. If a prescription cost $200 dollars and everything is under that one gov insurance...who says the insurance company can't just pay you $50 dollars for it? And if they only pay you $50 dollars for that $200 dollar item what can you do about it? it's how EVERYONE is paying so you can't do anything.

Cash paying patients are the best b/c they insure pharmacies make the most money. Insurance reimburements are super low...and government insurance reimburements are even lower. :thumbdown:

PS. Obama sucks. You can blame him for all this mess. LOL...

These types of questions annoy me. You need to learn more about the profession of pharmacy before you ask ridiculous questions. Theres no such thing as a stupid question (really there is, but we say there are not so we can amuse ourselves by hearing the dumb questions then talk about the person afterward), but there are ridiculous questions and this is one of them.

But do yourself a favor, obviously you don't know much about the profession, but during your interview they will ask questions related to the profession, if you have the same idea as you do now about the profession of pharmacy you will fail that part of the interview miserably.

The salary will not drop.

I am with you on that. It's like asking someone to look into their crystal ball and foresee the future. If that was the case then I would have went into my closet to find mine a long time ago and see if I even remotely have a shot in pharmacy school. :rolleyes: