Pharmacist Net Worth 2020. Poll!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HOUSEHOLD NET WORTH

• Less than -250K

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • -250 to 0

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • 0 to 250K

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • 250K to 500K

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • 500K to 750K

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • 750K to 1M

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • 1M to 1.4M

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • 1.4M to 2M

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • 2M and up

Votes: 16 10.4%

• Total voters
I find real estate investing to be fun. I like looking at houses, doing my analysis (simple 8th grade math) and seeing if I am right. I never saw it as “work”. I am competing against the locals, not some super computer in Manhattan.

I might have to find another hobby soon. It has been a pretty good ride but all good things eventually come to an end.

Members don't see this ad.

How much does a property management company typically charge? Is it based on the value of the property? If something breaks in the house, how is it usually handled? Does the company fix it and send you the bill?

The one we were going to use was around 8%. But you gotta watch out for all the BS fees. Anytime they have to call a contractor and meet up with them, you pay the bill plus like 10% for the managers time - each and every time he has to go to the house there's a fee. There's a finder's fee for finding the tenant. Each time rent increases, they take a cut. The guy couldn't open a WinRAR file cause he uses iPhone, so I had to give him paperwork in person and he charged $11 for his time. Lot of BS fees like that.

But we didn't live in a competitive area at the time like BMB does so there's less competition for property managers here. If it's just one property and you live closeby, you're better off managing it and calling the contractors yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so the main pro of a property manager is that they deal with the tenants for you? are most tenants that problematic? i can imagine one thing they do is they can destroy your stuff and demand you to fix them (which you still have to do anyways even if you have a property manager). What's the other things that make dealing with tenants so dreadful? Not paying rent and refusing to leave?

so the main pro of a property manager is that they deal with the tenants for you? are most tenants that problematic? i can imagine one thing they do is they can destroy your stuff and demand you to fix them (which you still have to do anyways even if you have a property manager). What's the other things that make dealing with tenants so dreadful? Not paying rent and refusing to leave?
They screen the tenants (credit check, income etc...). They know how to evict tenants quickly if they don't pay their rent. Frankly, their main role is psychological. Tenants tend to screw around less when they are dealing with a 'company' rather than an individual. I have rented my places for almost 9 yrs and none of tenants have failed to make a payment on time.

Reactions: 2 users
@Momus

Given that you are doing so well, can you share the index funds that are in your portfolio?

They banned BMB again.

Maudes continue ruining the forum. As usual.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Why do you guys want this place to die off @owlegrad and @BC_89 ?

Look at the topics of the threads here, no one is even talking about pharmacy itself anymore.

The pre-pharmacy forum has 15 threads since the end of June, students don't care.

The purpose of your website is gone. Just let us interact with each other

I already know owlegrad didn't give a crap since he was posting on the same thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely ridiculous.

Why do you guys want this place to die off @owlegrad and @BC_89 ?

Look at the topics of the threads here, no one is even talking about pharmacy itself anymore.

The pre-pharmacy forum has 15 threads since the end of June, students don't care.

The purpose of your website is gone. Just let us interact with each other

I already know owlegrad didn't give a crap since he was posting on the same thread.

There are only two things to talk about these days. The decline of the profession and what we are going to do about it to provide for our families. This thread and input from people like BMB are probably among the most essential discussions people in the profession can have right now. Everyone needs to start saving, investing, and discovering new streams of income. BMB was among the first to call this back in the mid-00s. His voice is very important right now. The maudes need to let him post again. It's a disgrace how poorly this place is run.

Reactions: 5 users
There are only two things to talk about these days. The decline of the profession and what we are going to do about it to provide for our families. This thread and input from people like BMB are probably among the most essential discussions people in the profession can have right now. Everyone needs to start saving, investing, and discovering new streams of income. BMB was among the first to call this back in the mid-00s. His voice is very important right now. The maudes need to let him post again. It's a disgrace how poorly this place is run.

I agree. I didn’t see anything he posted that was remotely out of line. This is a joke. This forum and its topics/content have gone downhill over the past year or so.

Yep this is why I've pulled back a bit on my forum contributions.

This thread has taken an interesting turn from Net Worth posting, to financial advisor AUM fee bash-fest, to real estate debate, to now BMB matters and mod bash-fest. What's next?

I agree. I didn’t see anything he posted that was remotely out of line. This is a joke. This forum and its topics/content have gone downhill over the past year or so.

Well he didn't get banned for anything under "flowers", he was banned for being an alt account of BMB who was banned for posting a video of someone dying. You can disagree with the initial ban, but since they banned the person, not just the account, the second banning makes sense.

Not going to lie, I was annoyed at first on the initial banning, but it's kind of refreshing not having him tell everyone else they are wrong while refusing to ever provide any verification of his obnoxious claims of being over successful.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread has taken an interesting turn from Net Worth posting, to financial advisor AUM fee bash-fest, to real estate debate, to now BMB matters and mod bash-fest. What's next?

Absolutely horrible decisions should be bashed

Like having an advisor and banning bmb again.

Well he didn't get banned for anything under "flowers", he was banned for being an alt account of BMB who was banned for posting a video of someone dying. You can disagree with the initial ban, but since they banned the person, not just the account, the second banning makes sense.

Not going to lie, I was annoyed at first on the initial banning, but it's kind of refreshing not having him tell everyone else they are wrong while refusing to ever provide any verification of his obnoxious claims of being over successful.
He'll be back in a month. I think he thought it was safe to come out of the closet. Next time he'll have to hide his identity better.

^ @wagrxm2000 ^ plain and simple.

Right in the TOS designed by the founder @Lee

For the record, If I ever ban anyone I leave a general message of what to watch out for. It's also common for other mods/admins outside of pharmacy to take care of black and white TOS violations when we're not around. So yes, alt accounts of past-banned users is not allowed.

Carry On.

^ @wagrxm2000 ^ plain and simple.

Right in the TOS designed by the founder @Lee

For the record, If I ever ban anyone I leave a general message of what to watch out for. It's also common for other mods/admins outside of pharmacy to take care of black and white TOS violations when we're not around. So yes, alt accounts of past-banned users is not allowed.

Carry On.

So someone reported him or did @owlegrad just not care?

I'm glad you guys really don't care if this place dies off.

What's this @Lee have to say? No harm was being done by having BMB posting under a new account. The people that actually interact with him knew who he was. The person/people offended by that video would have no clue.

TOS needs updated

Last edited:

I'm glad you guys really don't care if this place dies off

I cant speak for someone else but my thoughts would be that owle gave the user the benefit of the doubt at the time. That should help with the conclusion.

I cant speak for someone else but my thoughts would be that owle gave the user the benefit of the doubt at the time. That should help with the conclusion.

There was zero doubt who flowers was.

I knew from the first post.

What harm was flowers doing? TOS needs updated.

If a person gets banned, creates a new account and interacts appropriately, there's no reason to boot them again.

You guys can literally delete any post.

There was zero doubt who flowers was.

I knew from the first post.

What harm was flowers doing? TOS needs updated.

If a person gets banned, creates a new account and interacts appropriately, there's no reason to boot them again.

You guys can literally delete any post.

We have a system for that which is a post-hold on the account.

A user who doesn't listen to warnings or learn from post-holds time and time again get the ban. This applies to anyone. In times past it was the case to give others another chance and give each user the option to change their account name. Still didn't work.

If you feel the TOS needs updated take your thoughts to the Suggestions Sub-forum and give your reasoning or hit the RP with your reasoning.

A user who doesn't listen to warnings or learn from post-holds time and time again get the ban. This applies to anyone. In times past it was the case to give others another chance and give each user the option to change their account name. Still didn't work.

If you feel the TOS needs updated take your thoughts to the Suggestions Sub-forum and give your reasoning or hit the RP with your reasoning.
Yeah... I think SDN should be more lenient...

1 week ban , then 1 month , 3 months , 6 months and 1 year and then permanent ban...

I'm glad you guys really don't care if this place dies off.

What's this @Lee have to say? No harm was being done by having BMB posting under a new account. The people that actually interact with him knew who he was. The person/people offended by that video would have no clue.

TOS needs updated

I already said he was reported and I even said which of his posts specifically was reported.

I actually don’t mind at all if he comes back and makes positive contributions. But he likes to argue and someone reported him and he got banned. If he wants to stick around he will have to not get reported.

Just as an aside the VAST majority of reporters NEVER have a reported post.

I already said he was reported and I even said which of his posts specifically was reported.

I actually don’t mind at all if he comes back and makes positive contributions. But he likes to argue and someone reported him and he got banned. If he wants to stick around he will have to not get reported.

Just as an aside the VAST majority of reporters NEVER have a reported post.

Wait he got reported as flowers for a post and not because it was bmb?

What was said this time?

Side note: how have I never been reported?

Wait he got reported as flowers for a post and not because it was bmb?

What was said this time?

Side note: how have I never been reported?

How his imaginary kids will get more money than other people’s actual kids if they were to die.

Was it poor posing? Sure. Did it deserve a ban? Up to you to decide.

He was completely wrong in that thread though. And when he was called out for being wrong by other posters, he basically started p!ssing contest.

How his imaginary kids will get more money than other people’s actual kids if they were to die.

Was it poor posing? Sure. Did it deserve a ban? Up to you to decide.

He was completely wrong in that thread though. And when he was called out for being wrong by other posters, he basically started p!ssing contest.

I read though that when he was posting his nonsense and didn't see anything remotely bad.

Yup. Did you not see my comment about which post it was that was reported? It’s in that thread as I recall.

I must of had you on ignore again....

You should just change your name to Toby.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
>$2M, 49. Started investing in stocks early. Max out 401k and IRA every year. Live below my means.

>$2M, 49. Started investing in stocks early. Max out 401k and IRA every year. Live below my means.

Wow! Are you retired? Any kids? Is house paid off? Did you invest a lot in taxable account?

2.3M Still in rat race. 3 kids. 1 in college. 2 in HS. House will be paid off in less than a year. 7 years before youngest out of college then PT for me. (I'd be bored being fully retired).

Reactions: 3 users
2.3M Still in rat race. 3 kids. 1 in college. 2 in HS. House will be paid off in less than a year. 7 years before youngest out of college then PT for me. (I'd be bored being fully retired).

Are you paying for their college? I'm putting $350/mo into 529 now, no idea if that is enough for 1 kid so far.

Are you paying for their college? I'm putting $350/mo into 529 now, no idea if that is enough for 1 kid so far.
Yes. Started 529s as soon as they had SSN. Have most all of it set aside but just need keep working FT so there's no surprises. State schools only. Private schools too damned expensive

Yes. Started 529s as soon as they had SSN. Have most all of it set aside but just need keep working FT so there's no surprises. State schools only. Private schools too damned expensive
You just enjoy working, but with you could be semi retired if want to in 1 yr after house is paid off with your net worth , which might be at that time in the 2.5 mil,

Congrats on financially securing your retirement and your kids' future!

If you max out your 401k and Roth IRA from early age (let’s say 26), you can retire easily in your 50s. You probably don’t even need to do anything else other than being debt free which with our salary is easily achievable.

If prices continue to increase as they have been, 350 a month will not be enough, my state's 529 estimated 500k for private school 4 year degree when born, would need closer to 1000/mo to hit that number at 6% return. Hopefully will a major shift will occur and it will be cheaper in actual dollars than it is today (online lectures where the best teachers can reach thousands of students easily).

Last edited:
If prices continue to increase as they have been, 350 a month will not be enough, my state's 529 estimated 500k for private school 4 year degree when born, would need closer to 100k/mo to hit that number at 6% return. Hopefully will a major shift will occur and it will be cheaper in actual dollars than it is today (online lectures where the best teachers can reach thousands of students easily).

100k/mo LoL. I wish this whole college scam went away. MIT and Harvard already offer free lectures online. Why should a piece of paper cost the same as a mortgage?

100k/mo LoL. I wish this whole college scam went away. MIT and Harvard already offer free lectures online. Why should a piece of paper cost the same as a mortgage?

Talk to your government officials and have them stop giving out loans.

That'll either force colleges to lower tuition or accept very few students.

College shouldn't cost more then a few months income for middle class families. Loans shouldn't be needed.

Talk to your government officials and have them stop giving out loans.

That'll either force colleges to lower tuition or accept very few students.

College shouldn't cost more then a few months income for middle class families. Loans shouldn't be needed.

That's like asking to defund the police. Too much money and corruption involved.

Just look at this list of highest paid MA state employees. It's like 95% UMass employees. The basketball coach makes 827k wtf.

2.3M is all in including current equity and 529 plans. I'll lose 300 K from the 529s but should easily make up over next 7 years

That sure did a lot.

My response was deleted.

None of you guys care that you are destroying this forum. This includes @GoSpursGo

Just look at all the recent threads. Almost none have anything to do with pharmacy.

Let us interact and stop banning people because a comment hurts a person's feelings. If you don't like the way a person posts, ignore them. You won't ever have to see a post from them again

That sure did a lot.

My response was deleted.

None of you guys care that you are destroying this forum. This includes @GoSpursGo

Just look at all the recent threads. Almost none have anything to do with pharmacy.

Let us interact and stop banning people because a comment hurts a person's feelings. If you don't like the way a person posts, ignore them. You won't ever have to see a post from them again

I wanna know who keeps getting butthurt and snitching. Some pre-pharm who doesn't want to hear anything negative about their passion?? Is their goal to get everyone here banned so they can have the forum to themselves?

I wanna know who keeps getting butthurt and snitching. Some pre-pharm who doesn't want to hear anything negative about their passion?? Is their goal to get everyone here banned so they can have the forum to themselves?

The only person I ever even thought of reporting was Unchained and even then I preferred seeing everyone RIP him instead.

Screw it, I'm co-opting the protests. No longer is it ACAB, now it's AMAB!!

That sure did a lot.

My response was deleted.

Typically I can see who deleted specific responses and not sure why one of yours was. It's able to be read by quote responses in its entirety and is worth everyone else's time to see the responses (or not, you do you): Update to TOS Needed - Suggestions

That said, not one user (especially our established members) gets banned because someone else finds one comment hurtful. It was explained specifically within your suggestions-thread in detail of the reasons.

Carry On.

The only person I ever even thought of reporting was Unchained and even then I preferred seeing everyone RIP him instead.

Screw it, I'm co-opting the protests. No longer is it ACAB, now it's AMAB!!

What is ACAB and AMAB?

I need to setup a 529 for my newborn. Best to setup an account through the state or a third party like vanguard, fidelity, etc?

Any other savings vehicle I should consider through my employer? Thanks

I need to setup a 529 for my newborn. Best to setup an account through the state or a third party like vanguard, fidelity, etc?

Any other savings vehicle I should consider through my employer? Thanks

Consider your state 529 if you get a tax break else you can look at any state (unless the rules have changed). Look for those state 529 plans that invest in opportunities with low expense ratios (e.g. managed by vanguard, fidelity, etc).

Another item to consider - if you are not getting any type of 529 tax break - perhaps it makes sense to invest in a taxable account (but index funds with low expense ratios nonetheless) and subsequently retain flexibility to use any $$$ earned over the years for something other than education should your children decide higher education is not their best path - just another COA to consider.