Position Wanted Pgy1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockonagain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for any PGY1 position, anywhere. I graduated in 2013 and was not able to obtain a position through the match. Have passed all exams and am willing to work right away.

Please contact me if you know of any openings.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am looking for any PGY1 position, anywhere. I graduated in 2013 and was not able to obtain a position through the match. Have passed all exams and am willing to work right away.

Please contact me if you know of any openings.

Thank you.
PGY-1 Preliminary Position
University of South Alabama
Date Posted: April 19, 2014

The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama will have two General Surgery PGY-1 preliminary positions available to start on July 1, 2014. Established in 1949, the University of South Alabama General Surgery Residency is the oldest surgical residency in the state of Alabama. This five year residency currently includes 5 categorical residents in each class and two PGY-1 preliminary residents. The preliminary residents are offered a broad surgical experience which includes: Burn, Trauma, Surgical ICU, General Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT. The University of South Alabama Medical Center is the home of a level one Trauma Center and Burn Center. A recent quality measures report released by the University Health System Consortium (UHC) shows that the University of South Alabama Medical Center is ranked No. 1 in quality of care among 158 university teaching hospitals in the United States. About Mobile, Alabama Mobile is a beautiful mid-sized coastal city, which offers temperate climate, low cost of living, many cultural activities and close proximity to beaches and recreation. Mobile is known for its fine food and music. Mobile's streets are shaded by a canopy of live oaks and the city features a mild climate with flowers blooming year round. The city has many museums including the Mobile Museum of Art, the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center, the Mobile Carnival Museum, the Battleship USS Alabama and the Museum of Mobile. Performing arts are active in Mobile with the Mobile Opera, Mobile Symphony, Mobile Ballet, and the Playhouse in the Park. Sports and recreation are a big part of life in the Mobile area. Southern Alabama is a golfer's paradise with two courses of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail: Magnolia Grove in Mobile and Lakewood in Point Clear. For college football fans, the annual Senior Bowl and the GoDaddy.com Bowl are played in Mobile. The University of South Alabama Jaguars are expanding their football program to become a full member of the Sun Belt Conference in 2013. Other university sports already compete in the conference. The Mobile Baybears play in Hank Aaron Stadium, named after the famous Mobilian. Hiking, bird-watching, and kayaking opportunities are offered at several state parks in the area including Meaher, Blakeley, Weeks Bay and Gulf State Park. A short drive across Mobile Bay is the Eastern Shore area of Baldwin County. The city of Fairhope is known for its active arts community and quaint shops and restaurants. Spanish Fort is known for its proximity to the Tensaw-Mobile River Delta. The town of Daphne is rich in history including Jackson's Oak, a several hundred-year old tree under which Andrew Jackson is said to have rallied his troops during the War of 1812. On the coast you can find Alabama's famous white sand beaches in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores.
How To Apply
Candidates must be a US citizen, permanent resident (green card), or possess a J-1 VISA. Candidates must also be eligible for Alabama licensure. All interested applicants should contact our Program Coordinator, Mrs. Dorothy Pettway, at [email protected] or (251) 471-7992.
Apply Now

↑ Return to Listings