Position Wanted PGY-2 Psychiatry starting July 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZigPig

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my NRMP match waiver today - I am able to participate in the match this year. I would like to start July 2014 as a PGY2 in psychiatry. I am in a transitional year program, and previously had matched into a different specialty.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my NRMP match waiver today - I am able to participate in the match this year. I would like to start July 2014 as a PGY2 in psychiatry. I am in a transitional year program, and previously had matched into a different specialty.

Out of curiosity, what specialty did you get out of? I think unfortunately most of the interviews are kinda over for this match. There are some programs that do hold PGY-2 positions in Psych, including Stanford, Yale, Hopkins, etc. Typically you have to apply for them through the regular match. It's worth a shot to contact them. There are other open spots available in residentswap too.

Out of curiosity, what specialty did you get out of? I think unfortunately most of the interviews are kinda over for this match. There are some programs that do hold PGY-2 positions in Psych, including Stanford, Yale, Hopkins, etc. Typically you have to apply for them through the regular match. It's worth a shot to contact them. There are other open spots available in residentswap too.
Thanks for the reply. I just got out of an advanced position in PM&R. I realize that it is late in the season... but... a PGY-2 spot just opened up in Juy 2014 for PM&R, so I am putting some feelers out to see anyone else recenly exited their residency. Unfortunately, while I started getting out the match process in the begining of December, I was not allowed to contact anyone until just recently when I received my waiver. I have seen that University of Michigan, VCU are looking for people to start as PGY-2 in July. I am applying to PGY-1 positions in ERAS, and I am trying to see if there are any PGY-2 spots I can apply to as well. I believe I should be competitive for most psych positions.

Thanks for the reply. I just got out of an advanced position in PM&R. I realize that it is late in the season... but... a PGY-2 spot just opened up in Juy 2014 for PM&R, so I am putting some feelers out to see anyone else recenly exited their residency. Unfortunately, while I started getting out the match process in the begining of December, I was not allowed to contact anyone until just recently when I received my waiver. I have seen that University of Michigan, VCU are looking for people to start as PGY-2 in July. I am applying to PGY-1 positions in ERAS, and I am trying to see if there are any PGY-2 spots I can apply to as well. I believe I should be competitive for most psych positions.

Oh wow, I am trying to get into PMR!! Could you please PM me? I am trying to PM you but having difficulties. Interested in finding out more info here...