PGY-2 (or PGY-1 Outside of the Match) in Family Medicine Anywhere in the USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerryMeister

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY-2 (or PGY-1 Outside of the Match) in Family Medicine NEEDED Anywhere in the USA

Hello SDN Members!

As anyone who has been looking for PGY-2 spots in Family Medicine knows, there is NO unified place to look for these positions. In addition, many of these spots are not even advertised, but rather passed by word of mouth from PD to PD, resident to resident, etc!

There is the AAFP hotline (often not TRULY updated) AMA Find a Residency (the same) CareerMD (worthless), Find a Resident and Open Spots (be prepared to shell out $$$, which, when you're paying back enormous med student debt like myself, can be difficult).

Then there's the FM residency PD listerserv....good luck accessing THAT one if you're not a PD and your old PD left your program.

THEN THERE'S THIS SITE WHICH IS A GODSEND!

I am a second year Resident in Family Medicine (M.D./U.S. Graduate) who completed 21 months of Family Medicine Residency Training with credit.

I am looking for a PGY-2 SPOT IN FAMILY MEDICINE anywhere in the USA (OR A PGY-1 SPOT OUTSIDE OF THE MATCH). ASIDE FROM THE LISTINGS ALREADY POSTED ON THIS FORUM, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER LEADS ON THESE TYPES OF OPEN SPOTS?

I will even consider switching specialties to any one which will even consider giving me SOME credit for my prior training in FM (Internal Medicine, for example).

PLEASE FEEL TO SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE HERE OR I CAN GIVE YOU MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.