PGY-2 or OGME-2 position (hopefully in FM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wilsons1998

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a position anywhere in the US for a second year resident for the 2010-2011 year. I am hoping for Family Medicine, though I am open to other specialties. I have completed the Intern year and most of my second year, but need to switch residency programs. With FM, I understand that I will have to start my second year over.

I am really hoping for an AOA accredited (D.O.) residency. I would be grateful for any leads!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

what is OGME?

I believe there is a 2nd-year position open at the Guthrie Family Practice Residency in Sayre, PA. It is a dually-accredited program (DOs are expected to include osteopathic evaluation and treatment in most patient encounters). The website is out-of-date, but the contact information still works. The faculty are amazing teachers, the environment is very friendly, and the area is beautiful--if you like rural living. The focus of the program is to prepare physicians to take care of 95% of patients 95% of the time, with the aim of making it possible for grads to be ready for anything rural family practice will present. I spent my last half-year of medical school at Guthrie, and was truly impressed...