PGY-2 IM at Columbia, NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
There is an opening for a PGY2 IM Resident at Columbia University Medical Center in NYC.

Interested candidates should contact Dr. Joseph Tenenbaum at [email protected] or Gladys Bueso at [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody apply for this position and hear back anything? I know it is still unfilled as of today, but wondering if they have started interviewing or what not? Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi folks I have a question I really need help with. Me and my wife got matched in two different programs last year and now there is a position vacant in her program(2nd yr spot).I have already signed a contract with my original program(2nd yr begins July1).I am on J1 visa. I called up ECFMG and they said I have to get a relieving letter from my current program along with the new contract copy and apply for J1 again.Now my dilemma is ..Is my current PD legally bound/obliged to relieve me/can he create problems since I have already signed the contract.I am in a big confusion since i want to move but dont want to risk my current position by messing up with him since he might later not accept me.
I really need your inputs..Thankyou all!!

adrenal,
never leave any residency until/unless you have a signed residency contract in your hand for the new program.
Yes, if you signed a contract your current PD would need to let you out of it.
It sounds like you haven't ironed out the details of this.
First I think you should find out if your wife's program is interested in taking you. Then you could go to your current PD and tell him you really, really want to leave only b/c you want to be with your wife. Then you hope that he will accommodate you. I can't help you with the visa questions...