Petitioning a requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yohan

Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully petitioned a pre req?

A little background info on me without getting too long winded. I graduated in 2001 with a BS in Zoology with plans to attend PT school. By the time I graduated I was burned out and didn't think I had good enough grades to apply at the time, so I decided to work for a while. A couple years ago I decided to follow my dream of becoming a PT. I started taking classes that either were to old or that I didn't take during my undergrad. I had to take them one at a time so I could still work full time to pay the mortgage, bills, and cost of tuition.

Now I'm ready to start applying to schools and one of the schools I want to apply at states that combined human anatomy & physiology courses are not accepted. My problem is that the nearest and only school that I could take classes at only offered A&P as combo classes. I 4.0 these classes and do not want to take them over again because I did well in them and in my opinion is a waste of time and money.

Is it worth my time and effort to petition this requirement? Has anyone done this and succeeded? It would be my 2nd choice school, so I really don't want to scratch it off my list.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not call the school up, show them your curriculum and what you learned and maybe they will make an exception? I guess that's basically petitioning, huh.

No harm in calling them up and explaining to them what you just posted.

No harm in calling them up and explaining to them what you just posted.

Yea, I'm going to do that. I know it varies from school to school, but I was just curious to see if anybody had done something like this and what the outcome was.

Thanks for the response.