personal statement spacing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radsgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have read the forums on making sure that the personal statement's length is under a page. I could not find anything on double spacing between paragraphs.
1) Did you just hit enter twice on ERAS to double space between paragraphs? The reason I am asking this is because when I copy/paste from ERAS to word, the double space shows up as multiple spacing even when I make my formatting to be single line spacing. Confused...should I just not use double spacing :(

2) Is there a way to see directly on ERAS how the PS would look to program directors so I can check how my spacing shows up?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MUST we double space in between paragraphs? What do PDs prefer?

MUST we double space in between paragraphs? What do PDs prefer?
No. You can do anything you want. Double spacing (between paragraphs) does not really make anything look any different -- unless your PS is on the short side, when it would make it look longer.

I doubt any PD cares about this one way or another. I certainly don't.

Oh, ok.

Thanks aPD.

Will the Program Director still be able to see (without difficulty) everything you wrote?

For example, if the your statement prints out for the Program Director as 1st page without any paragraphs cut off, and then there is another paragraph on the 2nd page -- will ERAS make it easy for the Program Director to miss the last paragraph ???

Last edited: