personal statement help needed!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fooman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late in the application process and I still have a couple of questions.

Since PM&R require a transitional year, does that mean I'll be interviewed separately for both transitional and PM&R spots?

For those PM&R programs that have PGY-1 positions, is it necessary to write a separate personal statement indicating why you choose their program for the transitional intern year? Or can I just submit my PM&R statement?

For those programs that do not have PGY-1 positions, does that mean I'll have to write a separate statement to programs where I'm interested in doing a transitional year? Or can I submit my PM&R statement in as well?

I've finished my PS for PM&R, only to realize that it doesn't mention why I want to do a transitional year.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not necessary to do a separate PS for transitional/PS year BUT if you want, you can add a sentence or two at the end of your PM&R PS.

But Fooman, you need to get that thing in. Last year programs closed their interviews after they had X amount of candidates.....you're running out of time to truly get your application looked at.