persoanl statement tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marie15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"i sit here staring at my countless drafts of my personal statement.... waiting for inspiration to hit me... or maybe run me over. my writing ability has left me years ago... around the time i entered medical school, actually. it's gone downhill since then.. any creative writing undertaken after that time has been strained... like it is now.

it helps to have friends to go through your personal statement. also helps to have a borther who's gone through it before (but i'd rather that he not read my personal statement).

so... i'm still sitting here staring. mainly because i really don't know what else i can write about or how to even add any more things to it. and i've sworn i won't go down to shameless plugging of how i am such a fabulous doctor. haha.

but i guess for the sake of others, i'll share some of the wisdom that had been passed to me:

1. don't restate your CV - i know it's tempting to just re-emphasize all that, but ..."

kinda long post. read the rest at www.studentwhore.blogspot.com

Members don't see this ad.

Geez. Suck it up and have your brother help you.

I have a personal statement tip.......spell PERSONAL correctly.