Periodic Table on the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bringinit247

one of the millions...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they give you one?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember, but it's not like they would expect you to memorize the periodic table. I think that they would give all info that you needed to answer the question. Wow, it feels like I took it so long ago..

I don't think thay gave the periodic table, but within the question they would give you MW, etc of the elements pertaining to that question.

Took the PCAT on Oct. 25th. For the most part it was a piece of cake. Finished each section way before warning (excluding Math). Regarding the periodic table, no they don't give you one. Based on my memory you don't need it, although I do remember one question where I thought it would have been handy to have. Sorry, can't remember the question stem.

Regarding taking the PCAT if you've finished your prereq's don't sweat. Just brush up on the laborious math problems. They're simple enough just a lot of them.

Cheers!

I just took it a few weeks ago, they dont give you one, but like off2skl said, the mw's and numerical stuff like that is given to you. You pretty much have to know the periodic table trends inside out tho, so that you can answer those conceptual questions right away. and spend time on the calculation problems like gas law/mole coversion etc. All in all, it's pretty easy.