Per diem/locum pay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecentral09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question to all!
I am currently being courted while starting PP to do locums/ per diem 1.5 hours away. What would an accetable going rate be for a physician. I left a hospital employed position at approximately $275/ hr for reference. I am considering just asking for that which I feel acceptable.

Members don't see this ad.

Locums pain? Be careful with that. It's often either opioids or procedures you may not agree with.

I don't know the going rate for pain, but anesthesia is between $200-$300 for locums.

Reactions: 2 users
Locums pain? Be careful with that. It's often either opioids or procedures you may not agree with.

I don't know the going rate for pain, but anesthesia is between $200-$300 for locums.
I ask for $250 per hour for Anesthesia but it is very simple office based MAC cases. I do make it a point to as for a minimum of 6 hours of pay regardless of the time i spend working and will ask for 8 hours minimum if I'm driving a good distance.) Not sure how pain locums works

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m curious as well. I need to hire a locums this fall and I’d rather not go through an agency.

~*To sweeten the deal, you get $50 back for every 300th Roxy 30mg you prescribe*~

Reactions: 5 users
I’m curious as well. I need to hire a locums this fall and I’d rather not go through an agency.

~*To sweeten the deal, you get $50 back for every 300th Roxy 30mg you prescribe*~
Sweet, $50 extra every two scripts?

Maybe someone out there who knows can answer this question. What is the current going rate to hire a locum pain physician if one were to do it through an agency?

Not as much as you would think. 1600 a day but with all travel and lodging covered by the agency.

Can find local work you drive to for $1800/day.