People magazine: celebrities getting inked under anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLoneWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1665100049960.png

Full anesthesia machine in the background. Anybody know the anesthesiologist?

Are there any rules that say you can only administer anesthesia if there’s a medical indication? Can you give someone propofol just for a quick nap?

We’ve talked about that at work…lol.

On a tangent, Dr. Pimple Popper does some extensive cases in her office. She could use an anesthesiologist too.
I missed my window to start a company doing regional for tattoos.... ugh

Are there any rules that say you can only administer anesthesia if there’s a medical indication? Can you give someone propofol just for a quick nap?
There's no medical indication for 99% of cosmetic surgery. Tattoos are just cosmetic surgery, and lower risk than other procedures.

Reactions: 4 users
I guess when you're raking in millions of dollars a year the cost is really not an issue.

Might asked Micheal Jackson’s cardiologist.
There were some studies out of China that showed benefit for patients with insomnia.

Unfortunately Conrad Murray probably destroyed any chance of it being studied for that indication here

Why couldn’t one use a hair under metHgb levels of EMLA cream?
I don't know anything about tattoos but maybe making the skin soggy/greasy with cream would be a problem for the artist?

Might asked Micheal Jackson’s cardiologist.

I wonder if dexmedetomidine would be better than propofol in terms of quality of rest.

Reactions: 1 user
Ketamine gtt. Call it the rockstar infusion.

Facility near my fellowship had an advertisement for full sedation while patient withdrew from drug of choice. My guess is a low dose propofol gtt +/- precedex.

Facility near my fellowship had an advertisement for full sedation while patient withdrew from drug of choice. My guess is a low dose propofol gtt +/- precedex.