Pedo Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivanabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in applying to a Pedo residency. I would like to stay in the midwest area. My grades aren't the best but I got a 85 on Part I and have roughly a 3.3 GPA.

I would really appreciate some feedback on what pedo programs are worth applying to with my stats and especially what pedo programs are really good.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am really interested in applying to a Pedo residency. I would like to stay in the midwest area. My grades aren't the best but I got a 85 on Part I and have roughly a 3.3 GPA.

I would really appreciate some feedback on what pedo programs are worth applying to with my stats and especially what pedo programs are really good.

thanks

anybody?

It's hard to know ahead of time, which programs will like you.
You really just have to apply to as many programs as you can afford.
Afterall, you only want to do it once.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with huggies totally. Every program seems to like different things. Some like residents right out, some with experience, some with GPR experience, some care about grades, some about research. To be honest you really do not know. Furthermore, you really aren't going to know how you feel about programs until you visit (interview there). Thus apply to places you wouldn't mind ending up. Personally I feel more like you can tolerate and see what happens. Pedo was especially popular this year. I know numerous people who had ten plus interviews that didn't match. More is better. Finally, after visiting allot of programs I really feel like residency is what you make of it. If you want a great experience then you have to put in the effort. Where you go is a small part. You are the biggest part. Just my two cents.

Hey huggies getting excited yet?

can anyone list the programs that are interested in research or place a big emphasis on research during the admissions process?