Pediatric Shelf, ran out of time, possible to pass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aldol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the pediatric Shelf, I felt like I was doing okay, but ran out of time. I made it to question 95. I won't get my score till Monday and am anxious. There were 110 questions total, is there any likelihood of passing (meaning >5th percentile)?
Also, I was not able to even put random choices for the remaining 15 questions

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can most definitely pass if you were answering well on the ones you did pass. I would really recommend pacing yourself better though. You need to at least look at the clock every 10 minutes or so to make sure you are on track. I always divided the time in half and said that at this point, I needed to be halfway done with questions. If I wasn't, here's what I did:

For hard questions I was stuck on, just guessed and flagged it
If I did do well, moves on quickly

Best of luck. I know it can be stressful

Reactions: 1 user
You can most definitely pass if you were answering well on the ones you did pass. I would really recommend pacing yourself better though. You need to at least look at the clock every 10 minutes or so to make sure you are on track. I always divided the time in half and said that at this point, I needed to be halfway done with questions. If I wasn't, here's what I did:

For hard questions I was stuck on, just guessed and flagged it
If I did do well, moves on quickly

Best of luck. I know it can be stressful

I appreciate your comment buddy. Ended up passing, lucked out

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry just believe in yourself, I think all will go well for your good.