pediatric dentistry boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I felt there were many questions regarding things that I may have heard once upon a time but were completely insignificant to the practice of pediatric dentistry. Really off-the-wall stuff. We had no prep class.

Got it. Thanks a lot and good luck in May.

Members don't see this ad.

hi there all.....i was wondering if anyone can give some tips for oral boards?:)

According to many, the qualifying (written) exam was really hard, yesterday….. Would you agree?

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt there were many questions regarding things that I may have heard once upon a time but were completely insignificant to the practice of pediatric dentistry. Really off-the-wall stuff. We had no prep class.

I couldn't agree more!!! Any comments on this years exam ? Some questions were really ridiculous !!!

I was just wondering for a clarification you mean by the review manual as the review book that we get from the annual pedo meeting or a different one?
My exam is this may and I'm juggling the reference manual,pedo hand book and the review book from the pedo meeting!! And I'm so overwhelemed and confused , am I on the right path of studying and which to focus more on among these books, and am I missing somethin??

Thanks

What is the "review book from the pedo meeting"???

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has tips for this year's ABPD Qualifying Exam?

I'm studying from a Pedo Textbook, the Reference Manual, Handbook, and possibly a children's oral path book.

What books/sections do you recommend studying for Path/Oral Medicine and Ortho? Also, should my focus be on the handbook? (It's dense and intimidating, but I'll spend the time on it if that should be my focus).

I have part 1 of the comprehensive review book but not sure if I'll have time to get to it in detail.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/guidance!

I am starting my pediatric dental residency in a few months and wanted to order review books. What do you recommend getting?
thanks

I am starting my pediatric dental residency in a few months and wanted to order review books. What do you recommend getting?
thanks
Clinical Cases in Pediatric Dentistry by Amr M. Moursi, Marcio A. de Fonseca and Amy L. Truesdale (Apr 30, 2012)

Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 8e
Ralph E. McDonald DDS MS LLD (Author), David R. Avery DDS MSD (Author), Jeffrey A. Dean DDS MSD (Auth

Pediatric Dentistry: Infancy through Adolescence, 5e (PEDIATRIC DENISTRY) [Hardcover]
Paul S. Casamassimo DDS MS (Author), Henry W. Fields Jr. DDS MS MSD (Author), Dennis J. McTigue DDS MS (Author), Arthur Nowak DMD (Author)

Found out I passed QE this week! Stoked! Now to the oral boards :(