Pediatric case reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What Pediatric Journals do you guys know of that accept case reports? I've had a few interesting patients I would like to write up, but it I can only find a handful of journals that accept case reports and they're all crazy competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

Typically you have to go with relatively low impact journals. Specifically with regards to pediatrics and case reports, I know Pediatric Critical Care Medicine takes case reports. Many surgical journals and device journals also take case reports.

Most medical school libraries have access to "Journal Citation Reports". Using this tool, I would look for low impact factor journals (~2 or less) within Pediatrics or whatever other category you think the case could apply to and see if those journals take case reports. You may also want to look at "Letters to the Editor" as these are sometimes case reports with reviews in some journals. You should also talk to whoever the corresponding author of the case report will be and ask for their opinion.

Last edited: