Pediatric Boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*sigh* I failed. I know someone else is scouring these pages seeing all the “passes” and feeling bad. You are not alone

Failed again. 4th fail. Same exact score as last year. 178.

Failed within 10 points, can't see myself studying and going through this again 😪 anyone know if the Osteopathic peds boards recognized as well? Thinking just to take it.

How do you guys study while working
Yes, I’ve taken and passed both. I talked about it in another thread but look into AOBP. In the eyes of the law they’re equivalent (AOBP is a better representation of gen peds bread and butter knowledge imo too). As long as you are not doing subspecialty then it will be sufficient. The only sub board they have is NICU.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you do anything differently this time?
Yes - This time around I used the PBR program - it was expensive but worth it (I took the online test taking strategy course, had them make me a personalized schedule so that I can have a structured schedule to get through & read the PBR text book 5 times).

PBR book : The first run through I read the book along with the audio at regular speed, the second run through I did 1.5x audio speed, and the third-fifth times I read it on my own without audio. For my more difficult chapters, I also listened to the audio during my commute to work.
In prior years I didn’t have any structure of how I was learning the material (I had used the med study flash cards, made my own flashcards from med study question explanations/uptodate, and tried reading the med study books which were too dense for me. I tried to do ALL to med study & PREP questions. I was working harder and not smarter with the limited time I had between studying & working.

Timed Questions:I used the PBR method when tackling questions and used med study and board vitals Qbanks and practiced on a white board with a marker (like test day). I didnt get through all of the practice questions in the Qbanks, but I made sure I was using the test taking strategy to answer them. I did the last 2 years of PREP. As I felt more comfortable using the PBR method, I then would time myself on 20-30 mixed questions and then 2.5 weeks before test day I would make 84 question timed quizzes (initially 1 block/day). This really helped me build stamina

Mock exams: I would make my own mock exams of 84 question blocks from med study. Also used the free ABP exam.

Other tips:
- I had 3 weeks off from work to dedicate my time to studying. It was really rough/long time, but worked for me.
- I Called ABP for a breakdown of my score by section from last years exam - I realized I needed to work on my stamina since I would get tired towards the end

Don’t get too discouraged. This test is a ridiculous beast, but you will get through it and have it be behind you.

Last edited:
I fortunately passed on my first attempt with a score right around the median. I wanted to share my experience in case it benefits anyone. I did very poorly on my 3rd year ITE and due to other commitments, I did not have much time to study during my 3rd year (maybe an 1-2 hours per month). I did start "studying" in July about 3-4 hours per week. I picked it up in September to around 3-4 hours a day. I am a current fellow so some days I had a little more time than others to study.

Resources used:

1) Anki Flashcards - I started to create my own flash cards in July but realized it was too time consuming. I ended up finding an amazing pre-made Anki Deck (PEDI BOARDS) which was made apparently based on medstudy, PREP and a few other resources). There are about 4500 cards. I can say that this deck was the reason that I passed the exam. It covers so much material and the spaced repetition from Anki has been the way that I learn. I did start this deck a little later in my study period and I only got through about 30% of the deck.

2) Medstudy Qbank 1.3 passes (1st pass was study mode, 2nd pass was only incorrects study mode and only got through ~30-40% of incorrects). I averaged around 63% after my first pass and only doing incorrects I was averaging around 60%. I did a couple of timed blocks of the whole Qbank in between doing my incorrects and was averaging around 80-85%.

3) Osama Naga Pediatric Board Review Youtube Channel - I did play these videos on the way to and from work and can say they are amazing and definitely got questions right from his material.

4) PREP Questions - I did ~3 years of the most recent prep questions. I felt the actual question format was in no way similar to the exam but I did like the explanations and definitely got some questions right on the exam from reading through the explanations

5) AAP PREP Review Course - The only reason I took this course was because my program paid for it but I did get a couple questions on my exam that I got right only because of watching the 5-10 minute high yield videos the day before the exam.

5) ABP Self Assessment - I heard from many people that these 200 questions simulate the exam but for some reason I felt that the ABP practice test was much easier compared to the exam. I got an 85% on the self assessment.

The way I planned my study schedule it that I would not sleep unless I did a certain amount of Medstudy Questions, Anki cards, and Osama Naga videos. The way I decided what I was going to study was kind of similar to one of the previous posts in this thread. I made an excel spreadsheet with 1 column being the ABP content specifications and the percentage of the exam it covers. In the second column I had my Medstudy percentages based on subject based off of my first pass. I would see which areas are highly tested and my weakest and would start with that. Some of the Medstudy topics didn't overlap exactly with the ABP content specifications so I would add that at the end.

Test Day:
I am an extremely nervous test taker and don't score high on standardized tests. I felt extremely weird after coming out of the exam and felt that it was very poorly written. Around 40-50% of the questions I felt were extremely easy, 20-30% were difficult and the other 20% were impossible no matter how much I would have studied. Towards the end of my study period I realized that on questions that I think too much about or select an answer and change it, I usually get those ones wrong. On the test day I would select the answer that came first to my head and would move on (sometimes within 1-2 seconds). I did ended up flagging around 20-25% of the exam as I either had no idea or could narrow it down to 2 options. I ended up finishing the exam around 2-3 hours earlier because I would not go back and review my answers. This method worked for me but obviously may not work for everyone.

If I were to do this all over again I would stick to the Medstudy questions, Anki Flashcards, and Osama Naga Pediatric videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed on my first attempt. Graduated this year working in outpatient clinic and nursery.
Never been a great test taker and did fairly poorly on my ITEs. Why are ITE in July? it makes no sense for an intern to take it in July.
I believe that there are 3 components to taking a standardized test. Knowledge, test taking strategy, and endurance.

1. You build knowledge over the 6mo-12mo prior to the test with question banks, reading prep books, and whatever method you use to solidify knowledge. There are lots of ways to go about this but the undisputed core are Medstudy questions and 3 years of PREP. the rest is up to you in how many others you want to add.

2. test taking strategy. This one is a big one. You have to decide how you are going to deal with different questions. My method is as follows: The easy ones should be select the answer and move on. Then there are questions you can bring down to two, three, or cannot narrow down answer choices. If you can bring it down to two, select what you think is best and mark the question and move on. Same with 3 answer choices answer, mark and move on. with 4 or more select whatever sounds best to you or any answer and do NOT mark it. Do not spend more than a few seconds deciding on which answer to choose at this point. You either know it or you dont. I feel like a lot of test time and stress is wasted on questions that we could stare at for 30 minutes and still not have an answer. It's okay to skip them you arent going for 100%. Once you've done a full pass of the questions go back to the marked questions only and make sure you didnt miss a clue in the question stem to help narrow down your answers. Do NOT change your answer choice unless you are absolutely certain you made a mistake with your first answer choice.

There are some other test takers that would argue that you shouldnt go back at all to review your answers.

3. Endurance. This one can be a tough one in an 8 hour test. take all your breaks. drink water. Feel free to take unscheduled breaks to go to the bathroom or rehydrate. You should have plenty of time to complete all your questions and anything taking longer is probably something you wont be able to figure out the answer to anyways. Bring medicine. NSAIDs, tylenol, zofran, migraine medication, tums, pepto whatever you think you'll need in case you need it. Personally I feel its okay to stop diarrhea during a test because what else are you going to do? Keep yourself as physically fit as possible. During your breaks feel free to review your notes, look at questions that you feel like you werent sure about or just talk with you friends or family to calm your nerves. Bring snacks and a meal you'll need it but it shouldnt be too heavy or greasy. And finally breathe.

Failed within 10 points, can't see myself studying and going through this again 😪 anyone know if the Osteopathic peds boards recognized as well? Thinking just to take it.

How do you guys study while working
these count as long as you are not specializing. if you are in fellowship, you need to take the ABP boards in order to qualify for the specialty exam.

usually the osteopathic boards make no sense, but from scouring the internet i’ve seen that they are much more reasonable and reflect what a pediatric board exam should look like. from what i saw, both MD/DOs can take them but i would double check.

passed on my 3rd attempt, failed by a point the year before and now scored 20 points higher!
I only used up some vacation and CME days the month before the exam.
Here's what I did different:
First attempt: Only med study and PREP question banks ! less than one round of each Qbank.
Second attempt: did PBR and med study question banks ! did med study and another qBank (board vitals I think) ! I felt that I mastered some material bc of PBR but it has a narrow coverage.
Third attempt: concentrated on med study flash cards (recommended from someone on here) , did truelearn qbank( also recommendation from here) and reviewed PBR really quick. Obviously did PREP again. I did med study and true learn qBanks almost twice over.
I attributed my passing to truelearn q bank and med study flash cards but I have to give some credit to PBR to help memorize a few important concepts. PREP is a must too. Osama Naga videos were awesome to review materials while driving.

med study audio pearls were useless to me. Board vitals were glorified step questions.

I recommend simulating the actual exam by taking long tests and really assessing your knowledge. I went through the subjects I failed on last year and lost a boatload of points on like preventative med and cardio.

Moreover, I tried to use Anki but it didn't help me! it's a great concept but I think I needed physical cards and actual books to study from.

Lastly, I did go over the PBR videos of how to answer questions, I think it was helpful for not-so-good test takers like me.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to briefly share what I did, since I passed:

I used PBR (with the online test-taking skills course), truelearn, boardvitals, and 1-2 years of PREP questions as recommended by PBR. I also used the book Pediatric Board study Guide by Osama Naga + his videos.

Sticking with the PBR system was super beneficial for me, and the test-taking skills course was indispensable. Have to give props to truelearn and boardvitals; two of my other co-fellows who passed also used the same question banks and passed as well.

Passed on my first attempt and I am in NICU fellowship. I did pedialink questions during residency but admittedly I was not as diligent with it as I should have been - I probably did about a year and a half's worth of pedialink questions. Around 6 months before the test, I switched over to doing medstudy only. I initially would do 10 question blocks here and there, and when it was crunch time, I decided to do blocks of 85 questions like the blocks on the actual exam (but I guess it didn't really matter because it wasn't like I was always finishing all the questions in one sitting). I always did the questions in study mode and random (I figured if I only did questions on a subject I recently studied, the percentage correct would be artificially inflated) and didn't work on time management, which actually worked in my favor because the actual questions were much shorter and not nearly as out to get you as medstudy questions are with their third degree questions. Also when I did medstudy questions, I would keep a separate window of notes and just type some of the answer explanations in hopes that it would stick in my brain a little better. I think initially my percentage correct was in the 50s and the last couple weeks, it just felt like something clicked and I started getting more questions right like in the 60s and 70s. I did a full pass of all the medstudy questions but didn't have enough time to go over all the incorrects or anything like that.

I had the medstudy books since starting residency but did not look at them at all until I was in my dedicated study time in September. I wish I'd opened the books during residency and actually read them - it was nice having the information all organized and easy to leaf through. So at least I used the books as reference. I heard the flash cards are great but I did not want to spend extra money so I did without.

Last thing is I would absolutely recommend doing the 200 practice questions that are on ABP. I think they're for MOC and not for initial certification exam, but the question style was the most similar out of all the resources I used (medstudy, pedialink, and these ABP practice questions). It was nice to get a feel for what the questions would be like on the real deal. I think some people mentioned that they saw some duplicate questions that were on the practice questions and the real test, but that was not the case for me. Of note, I took that ABP practice test about 5 days before the test and I got about 75% questions right (on the ABP website it says above 80% is passing so that definitely freaked me out) and I passed the real test with a score in the 190s.

When I took the test, it felt like the questions were straightforward: you either knew the answer or did not. So I just sped through the questions, marking ones where I was not 100% on the answer. I probably marked about 25-30% of the questions. I was stupid and changed answers when I was not 100% confident that I made a mistake with the first answer. I remembered some of those questions and most of them, I changed the correct answer to a wrong answer, so don't be like me and change your answer unless you are 110% sure you picked the wrong answer the first time. I had a lot of time left each block, like almost an hour every block and I didn't feel like sticking around reading the same questions over and over again would be helpful so I only reviewed the marked questions once and then finished the test early. I also felt that there were a lot of questions on the test that you just would not know even if you'd done medstudy 3 times or something. Like it was some esoteric factoid that you might have run into once during residency and if you happened to have experienced treating that rare diagnosis or something, you just would not know the answer. So my recommendation would be like what my attendings told me -- try to spend a little time every day reading up on whatever disease you came across that day or some concept you learned about during rounds. Reading about a diagnosis after seeing a patient with that diagnosis helps the information stick in your brain so much better. I hope this helps. And remember, this is a stupid test and it does not define who you are as a person or physician or anything.

Reactions: 1 users
these count as long as you are not specializing. if you are in fellowship, you need to take the ABP boards in order to qualify for the specialty exam.

usually the osteopathic boards make no sense, but from scouring the internet i’ve seen that they are much more reasonable and reflect what a pediatric board exam should look like. from what i saw, both MD/DOs can take them but i would double check.
AOBP boards are equal for hospital credentialing and insurance purposes in every state and hospital. From a subspecialty stand point they also offer Neonatology, allergy immunology and sports medicine which are all equivalent with ABP subspecialty certification as well. Not that osteopathic boards should ever be a back up plan but they are open to DOs and MDs now and I honestly think it’s a better test in regards to general pediatrics. Registration for the upcoming year is now open too! I know a few DOs and MDs who took it this past cycle.

Sharing this for people scouring the internet to compare prep strategy/practice scores next year.

Passed 1st attempt with a score of 200. My ITEs were trash and my residency program was not known for stellar board prep. In 3rd year I did Prep test questions randomly on outpatient rotations but I don't know how much this really contributed to passing. I moved for fellowship at the end of June and my first 3 weeks of fellowship were orientation. I did as much Med Study questions as I could during this time since I knew it was the most time I would have. I also started Med Study flash cards. I put them on an Anki deck and tried to at least do some most days. After orientation was over, my time each day was hit and miss, but I did questions every day regardless. I finished the Med Study question bank with a score in the low 70's. I tried to do the Med Study books but I just couldn't so I moved on to the Prep tests. I only "passed" one of them. The other two I scored in the mid 60's. I then moved on to Board Vitals question bank and repeating the Med Study missed questions. I was mostly in the 70s to 80s range on these question sets. I had two weeks of dedicated time just before boards and in that time I watched several of Osama Naga's last minute board prep videos on You Tube and reviewed the last minute section at the end of his book. I took the ABP MOCA test two days before the test and scored an 81%. On the day of the test, I only marked questions where I was torn between two answers. If I had a question that I really didn't know, I just went with my gut answer and never looked at it again. I felt HORRIBLE after the test and was sure I failed but all the question banks served me well in the end. Hope this helps!

So I unfortunately failed my Peds Boards for a second time. I prepared a lot better this and improved a lot, but still didn’t quite make it. Maybe test anxiety got me.

I’m in a three year fellowship and even if I had passed, my fellowship boards are only offered every two years and my graduation year will be an off year. My fellowship ITE scores have been great so I’m not too worried about passing them when I take them.

My worry is the job search next year. I’ll be applying for jobs in the summer, and most people sign offers before next year’s Peds boards results. I’m not sure how badly this will affect my job options.

Does anyone have experience with this situation? Any reassurance would be appreciated.

I passed on my first attempt with a score of 192 not a great score but i did not do a lot of studying. I am writing only to share one particular aspect of this test i learnt looking at my scaled scores for each section, it may be beneficial to note this.

I noted that my scores for knowledge based sections which is know/don’t know type information were all higher than the median and made up for lower scores in other sections like preventative pediatrics etc where questions could be vague, challenged by evolving or new information.

Sections requiring memorization like Genetics, metabolic disorders, Rheum, GI - i scored really well in those and it saved me i believe from the errors i made in other sections. If you’re moving to a busy fellowship from residency i definitely recommend preparing earlier and reinforce these sections that will save you time to study for other topics in the limited time you may have during fellowship.

AOBP boards are equal for hospital credentialing and insurance purposes in every state and hospital. From a subspecialty stand point they also offer Neonatology, allergy immunology and sports medicine which are all equivalent with ABP subspecialty certification as well. Not that osteopathic boards should ever be a back up plan but they are open to DOs and MDs now and I honestly think it’s a better test in regards to general pediatrics. Registration for the upcoming year is now open too! I know a few DOs and MDs who took it this past cycle.
Hi! I have a question about this. Current chief resident. I passed boards this year, but of my recently graduated class as a whole only 3/10 (who took it) passed from what we can tell, so we're trying to figure out best way forward and other things we can do for our upcoming classes. I was reading the FAQ on AOBP and agree it sounds like a great resource for all of our DO residents who have failed or are at higher risk of failing ABP boards, but I keep seeing comments saying that MDs can take it as well on this forum and Reddit. What I see on AOBP is that the residency program has to
  1. Fulfill one of the following training requirements:
    • DOs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME/AOA-accredited approved residency training program.
    • DOs and MDs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME osteopathic recognized residency program with documentation that you completed an “osteopathic focused” track.
    • DOs and MDs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME-accredited osteopathic neuromusculoskeletal medicine residency training program.
I feel like most categorical peds programs don't meet the 2nd or 3rd requirement in order for MDs to be eligible to take this exam, but if anyone has any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have a question about this. Current chief resident. I passed boards this year, but of my recently graduated class as a whole only 3/10 (who took it) passed from what we can tell, so we're trying to figure out best way forward and other things we can do for our upcoming classes. I was reading the FAQ on AOBP and agree it sounds like a great resource for all of our DO residents who have failed or are at higher risk of failing ABP boards, but I keep seeing comments saying that MDs can take it as well on this forum and Reddit. What I see on AOBP is that the residency program has to
  1. Fulfill one of the following training requirements:
    • DOs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME/AOA-accredited approved residency training program.
    • DOs and MDs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME osteopathic recognized residency program with documentation that you completed an “osteopathic focused” track.
    • DOs and MDs: Obtain “training complete” status from an ACGME-accredited osteopathic neuromusculoskeletal medicine residency training program.
I feel like most categorical peds programs don't meet the 2nd or 3rd requirement in order for MDs to be eligible to take this exam, but if anyone has any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it!
All MDs can take it as of a couple years ago. Have an MD friend who went to a historic MD residency who took it last year and passed. He just yolo’d the OMM questions (~5 out of 400ish).

Edit: checked and the only thing they had to do was become an AOA member then they were eligible

Last edited:
Passed on my first attempt with a 223. I had a busy first year in fellowship so I put it off until my second year. Spent the week and a half prior to the exam dedicated to intense studying and otherwise did questions here and there- this is my general approach:

1. Stick to one core resource. Everyone has a different one- for me, it was the MedStudy video review book (a 700 page book that accompanies their video lectures). To me, despite the length, it was quick and easily digestible. I didn’t watch most of the lectures, but I felt like this was a good skeleton to at least read. No primary source is perfect, but I usually pick one knowing I’ll have to fill in the gaps as I go. More than one primary source is confusing and unhelpful for me.
2. MedStudy questions. These are way more helpful than PREP, which tend to be longer than what’s on the actual exam. I did PREP here and there in residency but otherwise stuck to MedStudy during studying time. MedStudy will test whether or not you know something- and that’s way more important to answer board questions than the long vignettes in PREP. I personally also don’t think questions should be a primary source of information- I do questions after I do at least one pass through the material, because that keeps me from wasting the questions and also gives me an idea of whether I stand after I’ve learned- which in turn helps me solidify the information in my mind.
3. I keep a notebook open and any time I see something I don’t know or think I might forget (whether from my primary source or questions), I jot a little blurb down about it.
4. Final review for me is really concentrated on what I know I don’t know, and I use my notebook for that. I was really crunched for time here so I really concentrated on things I knew were high on the ABP content outline.

This may seem simplistic and obvious- but it’s always worked for me and I’ve used the same formula for every major med school/post med school exam. It’s a challenging test and I will concede it’s poorly written (as a peds ID fellow, I have to say at least one of the ID questions definitely had more than one correct answer)- but we all did residency, which was way harder. You can do it- keep your approach simple and just hammer away at your weak points. If you’re doing fellowship, consider skipping your subspecialty’s chapter, which will save you some time. Good luck!

Hi all,
Wanted to share my Anki deck ~4,700 high yield cards from MedStudy 2022-23 and PREP 2021-2023.
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1386856095?cb=1702590566049 (give it 24h to upload should available for download by 12/16).
PGY3 ITE after all of medstudy - 150. Ped board exam 2023 - pass, 200 with this Anki daily x 8mo.
Good luck to all :)

Passed on 2nd attempt, with two kids and a full-time job seeing 16-20 patients a day in gen peds and having nursery coverage every 5-6 days.

What is not mentioned is that this exam is not just a knowledge test. It is very difficult to study everything that can be tested, though it is important to have a regular book(s) that you can review like PBR or Medstudy and a good qbank, like Truelearn. A big part of passing is concentration and educated-guessing skills, which depend on the physical and mental condition of your brain. You try to have as much a fund of knowledge as possible and at the same time make the best guess on questions that you did not expect to see, which you can do best if you are physically and mentally sharp. Exercising, sleeping, and eating healthily is more important the closer you get to the exam. Definitely try to sleep like a champ the month before the exam.

Check out www.hbili.com. The test and search sections have free board material that you can easily review on your phone during downtime.

All MDs can take it as of a couple years ago. Have an MD friend who went to a historic MD residency who took it last year and passed. He just yolo’d the OMM questions (~5 out of 400ish).

Edit: checked and the only thing they had to do was become an AOA member then they were eligible
You no longer have to be an AOA member however as there was a major lawsuit about that. Meaning you can continue to be board certified with the AOA but don’t have to renew your membership. Yay lol

You no longer have to be an AOA member however as there was a major lawsuit about that. Meaning you can continue to be board certified with the AOA but don’t have to renew your membership. Yay lol

Even better news. I truly hope we are trending towards equivalency for Gen peds certification. It’s silly that any board have an acceptable monopoly over certification.

• Love
Even better news. I truly hope we are trending towards equivalency for Gen peds certification. It’s silly that any board have an acceptable monopoly over certification.
I've heard something about their lawyers getting involved when someone was denied employment due to not accepting their board certification and later they retracted their position of not accepting their AOBP certification.

I've heard something about their lawyers getting involved when someone was denied employment due to not accepting their board certification and later they retracted their position of not accepting their AOBP certification.
Oh yeah most definitely. If anyone denies you any promotion or hiring for being AOA certified in any specialty, that job will get sued so fast that HR will be begging you to not only stay but also offering you extra bonuses and compensation 😂 100% illegal to deny any physician a job if they are AOA Board Certified. It’s also none of their business, as you just say “I’m board certified” and don’t have to prove which exam you’re certified in, until they request the certificate, at which point you’re already hired or have been working if you were hired as board eligible.

Oh yeah most definitely. If anyone denies you any promotion or hiring for being AOA certified in any specialty, that job will get sued so fast that HR will be begging you to not only stay but also offering you extra bonuses and compensation 😂 100% illegal to deny any physician a job if they are AOA Board Certified. It’s also none of their business, as you just say “I’m board certified” and don’t have to prove which exam you’re certified in, until they request the certificate, at which point you’re already hired or have been working if you were hired as board eligible.
How is that actually illegal? I don’t think “AOA certified” is a protected class

It is illegal to discriminate against DOs and the AOA boards are equivalent to ABMS boards in the eyes of the law and credentialing, insurance, practicing medicine, etc. This has been litigated before. AOA certified is as protected a class as is being ABMS certified, aka equal. :)
How is that actually illegal? I don’t think “AOA certified” is a protected class

It is illegal to discriminate against DOs and the AOA boards are equivalent to ABMS boards in the eyes of the law and credentialing, insurance, practicing medicine, etc. This has been litigated before. AOA certified is as protected a class as is being ABMS certified, aka equal. :)
I just wish AOA would’ve fully expanded subspecialty boards lol. That way you could truly pick.

Anyone know for the AOBP test how to select a date once registered? I registered a while back, but they haven't sent out anything regarding this.

I was able to get a hold of them:

The AOBP has received your Examination application. At this time no further information is required as your profile is updated with Medical School and Residency training is Complete and Verified.

As we move closer to the close of the application deadline, Rosters will be provided to the MonitorEdu Testing Platform, you will then receive email instructions on how to register for your testing time and date. This should be done at the beginning of March.

Kind regards,

The American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics and PAAI CCEC

So, in early March we should be selecting dates according to this.

Anybody have any tips on how to study for the AOBP exam? Same approach as ABP? Partner is an MD who is taking it in May and theres not really much out there. Hoping that somebody would be able to help

Anybody have any tips on how to study for the AOBP exam? Same approach as ABP? Partner is an MD who is taking it in May and theres not really much out there. Hoping that somebody would be able to help
exactly the same materials. I would tell him to not even worry about the OMM questions. Very limited.. so a guess and move on will still pass. If he did medstudy and TrueLearn questions then he should pass. It is much more focused on general pediatric knowledge than ABP was

exactly the same materials. I would tell him to not even worry about the OMM questions. Very limited.. so a guess and move on will still pass. If he did medstudy and TrueLearn questions then he should pass. It is much more focused on general pediatric knowledge than ABP was
Thank you very much

Illegal? What statute is being violated? I have seen some places not accept ABPS boards. (I am ABMS certified but looked into getting ABPS certified to get another credential but decided against it)
Why would you want a second credential unless you were planning on letting ABMS lapse?

I was able to get a hold of them:

The AOBP has received your Examination application. At this time no further information is required as your profile is updated with Medical School and Residency training is Complete and Verified.

As we move closer to the close of the application deadline, Rosters will be provided to the MonitorEdu Testing Platform, you will then receive email instructions on how to register for your testing time and date. This should be done at the beginning of March.

Kind regards,

The American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics and PAAI CCEC

So, in early March we should be selecting dates according to this.
It’s always like the first week of May. Good luck!