Pcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bentz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The committee at PCOM is extremely in making a decision. I interview therellate last week. I just got a phone call today that I got accepted. It is now decision time between PCOM and UMDNJ-SOM!!!!! I really like both schools. Does it come between fairly large and small school. Any students from both schools out there please comment!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Bio-Medical Sciences student at PCOM right now. I have been accepted to UMDNJ and will likely be accepted to PCOM as well (I don't interview until March). In my opinion, I think that both schools are comparable and would give you a great education. If I had the choice, I would pick UMDNJ-SOM because of the small class size and because of the diversity. Did I mention that it is approximately $10,000 cheaper at UMDNJ if you get residency status as well (oh yeah, you are already a resident).
I like PCOM and the faculty but I think that UMDNJ is built for the number of students it accepts, unlike PCOM. Trust me on this...at PCOM during midterms and finals it is hard to find a place to study with a class size of 250 (really its 500 b/c of the 1st and 2nd year classes). Go with what you want in a school. Even after being at PCOM for a year, I would still choose UMDNJ.

Any other questions, email me at [email protected]

Good Luck,
Donnell Wigfall:rolleyes:

hey ScienceMind

When did you interview at UMDNJ-SOM? I sent a PM to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey good to hear about your acceptance. I got the same call today! Maybe I'll see you there and good luck with the other schools.

Actually I won't be going to anymore interview. UMDNJ-SOM and PCOM are top choices. I don't want to leave the east coast. :cool: I already cancelled my interview at NYCOM. I won't accept interview from: NOVA, CCOM and WSSOM.
For those of you who wish to know, my file was completed in the middle of November at each of these schools.

Both PCOM and UMDJSOM are good schools with distinct differences.

I have my personal opinions. PM me for more info...some people were whining pretty badly last time I gave a run-down of the differences in these 2 schools.

Just be patient...exam on Friday so I will reply over the weekend.

JP is one dedicated individual, always replying to ANY post on here about PCOM. lol That pretty impressive though, seriously. I tell you I interviewed there on 1/9 and was just accepted yesterday and the students enthusiasm was definitely one of the schools positives. I'd definitely want to go somewhere that students WANT to be there. So anyways, maybe I will see you all there in the Fall.

I agree, PCOM's students really impressed me. I am looking forward to going to a school in a big city. So many people have told me what a great school PCOM is and I hope that many people cannot be wrong. That's why I'll be there in the fall.

toogood1

Has anyone else heard from PCOM's adcom? I interviewed the first week in Jan and have not gotten a phone call (like Benz and Eyes), e-mail, or snail-mail. I'm praying that they didn't decide to call those that got accpeted yesterday (1/21) and let the rest of us that aren't accepted know by mail in a week or so :confused: :( :confused:

myeyes and toogood

congratulations. let me know if i can answer any questions about next year

meg

hang in there...wait a few more days then consider calling deb ernder

OK..back to studying!!!!!

Does anyone happen to know how many acceptances PCOM has already handed out? Thanks!

PCOM is a great school. Everyone in our class really enjoys being here.

Plus, we have JP and Wishuponastar......what more could somone ask for.

Anyone who has any questions about PCOM, let me know and I will do my best to answer them better than JP.

Chisel
Survivor of 3 C & T II Exams
Only one more exam and a final....when will this hell end?!?!?!

Chisel's got nothing on me.