PCOM (PA) vs. AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemcat2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am currently deciding between PCOM Philadelphia campus and Midwestern Arizona campus. I have lived in Southern California my whole life and would like the opportunity to match back to Cali when the time comes. Any feedback or comments would be much appreciated! :)

AZCOM

Pros:
- Closer to home and I have family/friends in Arizona
- I love Arizona and the warm weather!
- Could possibly do clinical rotations in SoCal
- Great facilities/board scores

Cons:
- Expensive tuition! Factoring in cost of living, would be about a 70k difference from PCOM
- Intense testing schedule

PCOM

Pros:
- Great affiliated hospitals and so many other med schools in the area
- Great facilities/board scores/residency matches
- Less expensive tuition

Cons:
- Far from home :(
- Being from SoCal, I'm not used to any type of cold weather!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the response! Do you mind expanding on what is meant by home programs?
PCOM is large enough that their hospitals have residencies, some in competitive specialities. Students can become good candidates as they progress through school/network for these as opposed to applying for residencies at programs they have no connection to.

Reactions: 1 user
PCOM is large enough that their hospitals have residencies, some in competitive specialities. Students can become good candidates as they progress through school/network for these as opposed to applying for residencies at programs they have no connection to.
I see, that is definitely a plus! Thank you.