PCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neeja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to these forums, and I am glad I found it when I did! I have recently submitted all my secondaries to 15 different DO schools with the hope of one acceptance. My stats are relatively low, (GPA at time of application : 3.14, since then increased), with a 27 Overall MCAT score. Unfortunately, I applied late, and therefore have just started hearing from schools. So far, I have been rejected from EVVCOM. However, I did receive an interview at PCOM on March 18th, and I am very excited that I got this far. PCOM is my number 1 choice, esp since I am currently at school in Philadelphia and have a great deal of respect for PCOM.

I would like to request any advice you all would have for the interview at PCOM. I have talked to a few students who have been accepted, but the more advice the better. My biggest worry is a question about my low academic gpa and mediocre MCAT. I did have to retake Organic Chem2 twice, and have a feeling that they may ask about that. Any advice?
Thank you!
-Neeja

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Neeja,
I've PMed you with some information :)

I was hoping to wait for my response from PCOM, but it still has some to go before I hear anything, another 1-3 weeks I believe. I interviewed just after the admissions committee met :|

anyways, I made the whole thing bigger than it was during the interview. But I arrived there around 7:30am and checked in at the security desk where I got a name tag that soon fell off of my coat.

I sat around with 2 other interviewees until 8 am until we were invited into the admissions office? We waited till 8:20 am or so when a 4th guy showed up. We all went up to the cafeteria for breakfast where we got an introduction to PCOM. After breakfast we went back to the admissions office and were told the random order of the interviews. I was picked last. So you wait around until you do yours and then for everyone else to finish. THe interviews ranged from 15-30 mins each with some lag time inbetween. The questions weren't grueling at all. I think I made the whole thing more stressfull than it should have been to tell you the truth.

THe questions matched up with those found on the interviewfeedback stuff. Like why PCOM, WHy a doctor, preferences, how did I go about studying for the mcat (I was thinking why DO at this point, and then got a bit defensive in my answer). They never once asked me about my grades per se. They asked me what the big difference between the 2 schools I have attended. Whats different now, things Ive done to improve myself. In all of it they never asked anything about my gpa or mcat scores and believe me I probably some of the weakest stats in this community. Just mentally prepare for some of the basic questions you'll see on interviewfeedback. Maybe speak to the mirror or something to get used saying it or better yet have a friend quiz you in a way.

but dont worry about proving yourself, Im not sure they have that info for you.