PCOM interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meg28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any advice on the interview at PCOM? I've already read all the feedback from SDN...but its my number one choice and I am stressed! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

All I can tell you is to be really honest. For example, they questioned me about making a "C" in biochem. I simply told them the truth that I feel I went in there with the wrong mentality due to all the horror stories that I have heard before I even got into the class. And that was the truth. When I left, I did not think the interview went that well b/c I was only in there for about 13 minutes. I must have gone okay because I got in and intend on going there in the fall. Good luck and don't get stressed out. You will lead the interview and it will be conversational.

toogood1

My interview was the same...very conversational. I was asked very few outright questions. I wasn't asked anything about grades, mcat or even why DO. However, I put in why DO and why PCOM when I realized they weren't going to ask. I found myself trying to provide a lot more information then they were asking for. Beforehand, I wrote down information that I knew I wanted to let them know about me and tried to insert it into conversation when I could. Be as confident as you can and be yourself and let your personality shine through. Don't sound too scripted! Good luck! Only bad thing...their ad com only meets once a month so I had to wait about a month for my acceptance letter b/c of the date of my interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dogirl
Be as confident as you can and be yourself and let your personality shine through. Don't sound too scripted!

Excellent advice.

PCOM is a great place to interview. It was only one of two interviews that I accepted.

Laid back, conversational, and informative.

Make sure YOU have questions for them. Very important.

Be yourself, smile the whole day, and keep up the confidence.

Good luck.

i'm interviewing next week at PCOM.......i've heard good things thus far.

did you guys choose PCOM before MD programs?

what do you find most promising about PCOM?

I'm interviewing @ PCOM in 2 weeks. I've gotten into 3 MD schools--UMDNJ-RWJ, NYMC, Temple--but PCOM is my first choice, MD or DO, and if I get in there I'll go. Why they've waited so long to interview me is beyond me, but whatever. I feel at home there, and the students seem much happier than at any of the other MD / DO schools I've visited.

hedwig
congrats on all those acceptances. i'm sure you'll have your first choice. i'm swaying back and forth on between PCOM and (hopefully Temple). i'll see once i visit PCOM.

Come one guys!

The way Temple mens basketball has been playing...is there any doubt where to go?

:D

Temple is a great school.

PCOM Rocks.

Best of luck!

this is a bit off the subject, but isn't it true that PCOM runs on a trimester? if so, when do the breaks fall? thanx

EMW

Originally posted by williestyle81
this is a bit off the subject, but isn't it true that PCOM runs on a trimester? if so, when do the breaks fall? thanx

EMW

There was no break btw 1st and 2nd terms.

They made it easy on us 2nd term...each break was preceded with an exam on that Friday.

So...1st exam, then 10 days for Thanksgiving.
2nd exam...14 days for Winter.
3rd exam...ok, no break but a weekend off.
4th exam, then Final exam...10 days for Spring Break.

Here is the calendar. http://www.pcom.edu/asp/Calendar.asp

i'm in at PCOM and have a few MD interviews coming up, but i' probably going to PCOM no matter what. i really liked it there, and have a lot of friends there who rave about it. i'm also really iinterested in learning OMM, so thats another factor in choosing PCOM over MD schools. i'm going to my other interviews to get a feel for the schools and everything, ut unless i'm really floored by another school, i'll be at PCOM

Keep that enthusiasm.

I have tons of friends at several MD and DO schools.

I know Anatomy here at PCOM basically kicks the butt of many other schools...at least from what I gather from the people I talk to at the other schools.

Facilities are great, too.

No trash talk. I really like Temple and was very happy that I got in. I just like PCOM more.

Thank you so much to all that replied to my message. My interview was today -- I'll hear by the end of January about whether or not I was accepted...the waiting game starts all over again:) All you advice was very helpful and I appreciate it alot.

cool, good luck meg:) i got my acceptance letter exactly a week after my interview, so you probably wont have to wait too long

Ad com meets the 16th of every month and then it takes about a week or so from there.