PCOM housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigerlily

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where does everyone plan to live next year or where are current students living?

I'm curious b/c I've been looking for a nice 2 bedroom apartment,,,not totally economy style,,,but I also can't afford the nicest luxury apartment either. It seems as though places in the area are either total economy style apartment buildings for a reasonable rent, or really really nice luxurious apartments for LOTS of money.

Can anyone suggest anything in the middle,,,relatively close to the school as well? Ideally I'd like a nice townhome style place to rent,,,rather then an apartment building,,but I realize Philly is a bit old and so there aren't as many nice townhomes rented as there are in the suburbs!!!

WHO'S ALL GOING TO PCOM AS WELL????

best wishes to everyone,,,can't wait to meet you all soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I"ll be at PCOM in august. I haven't even started thinking about housing... I hope it isn't too tough to find a nice place.

Hey tigerlily and joedo!
I am almost certainly going to PCOM as well. Nope, haven't thought of housing either. lol But it would be a good idea just to start finding the names of nice apartments. I have seen that they have a list at the PCOM website if you guys are interested.

Good luck in finding a place and if you come across a good deal, don't hesitate to let us know! lol

:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM class of 2007 here we come!!!
YEEEHAAAA

I'm from philly and might be going to PCOM, either that or NOVA, can't decide. Anyway, if you have a car and wouldn't mind a ten minute commute I'd say live in Manayunk. It's an area with mostly row houses and a great atmosphere (young crowd, lots of bar/restaraunts/shops). The only thing though, if you rent a place it may be in your best interest to find one with parking. Parking on the street can be a nightmare depending on what time you are trying to find a spot. If you guys have any other questions about philly let me know.

Hey,
I am also going to PCOM in August. I am from Philly area, so I would also suggest if you don't mind the commute to look in Roxborough as well. That is where I will be most likely living. If any one has any questions about the area, let me know. Take care!

i'm planning to remain in center city, which is a great environment for young folks. i will drive in to school.

if you find a roommate, rent is not too bad in center city.

i would not live in the suburb as a twenty something-er.