PCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EJC93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has had an interview at Salus University yet? This will be my first interview, and am looking for some examples of questions they have asked other applicants.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has had an interview at Salus University yet? This will be my first interview, and am looking for some examples of questions they have asked other applicants.

Thanks!

Super laid back I wouldn't stress out about this. Just know the basic why optometry, why our school ... Issues .. etc. You'll be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
It's super laid back. I was asked about optometry, know a little about insurance (I was asked about that) but just general stuff. They are super nice there!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! don't sweat it, it seemed to be short and extremely conversational! I honestly didn't realize it was an interview until half way haha :hilarious: but I ended up getting accepted so I must of done alright~
What is the greatest benefit in optometry?
What do I like to do for fun?
How do I study?
How did I study for the OAT and what materials did I use?

Good luck! It's really not so bad :D:D

Last edited:
I recently interviewed at PCO and LOVED it!!! Everyone was so friendly and the interview was very relaxed and just like a conversation! There tends to be a lot of negative posts on here about PCO but I think they are making some great changes to their program such as hiring a new Dean (who was awesome) and assistant deans. She is working on a multi-million dollar project to completely renovate the clinical skills lab and library! She seems to be really interested in the students well-being and wants to make some awesome changes to PCO. Good luck at your interview, just stay relaxed and you will be fine!

In addition to the standard "why optometry" question, I remember my interviewer asked me what I think one of the weaknesses of the optometry field is, and maybe also where I saw myself in 10 years, career-wise.