PCO committee meeting??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HHQOPTEDU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when the pco committee is meeting for sure again?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was down for my interview earlier this month our tour guide said that the committee meets every other friday, so they should be meeting today.

I'm hoping to get an email soon if they don't get to me by 4:30 I'll call as it seems like they are only sending emails to some people and not others.

I've recieved all notices from them via snail mail so far but I dont want to have to wait to hear after today (they told me 4 weeks and today makes it 4) because I'm so ancy!

If anyone else finds something out let us know!

Good luck you guys! Yes, definitely call them. I never received my email even though they said they sent it (so maybe I wrote it wrong...they wrote it wrong...I don't know) but I did got my formal letter a week later. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my acceptance letter via email today at 5PM EST. since i live in ft.lauderdale florida.

nancy griffin told me the latest they will tell the result is monday.

sharpshooter24-

what did you write in your addendum and what grades did they want from you? plz let me know how u went about getting accepted after they told you to write an addendum....thanks

sharpshooter24-

what did you write in your addendum and what grades did they want from you? plz let me know how u went about getting accepted after they told you to write an addendum....thanks

they wanted me to elaborate more on my shadowing experience. i spoke to them and they told me a few weeks ago that my essay that i wrote for them 2 years ago was limited in my optometric experience. they just wanted something up to date i believe. i reapplied to PCO this year after getting rejected the first try/

next week i got my interview at Nova SOutheastern COllege of Optometry.

I didn't get ahold of anyone in admissions when I tried calling friday, I just called today and my file is still with the committee...Ahh! :(

Anyways, for anyone wondering, they are meeting again this friday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed still

Ya I think it's really annoying waiting like this. I should have known last week. If it could have possibly taken longer than 4 weeks it would have been nice to have known that ahead of time.

Ya I think it's really annoying waiting like this. I should have known last week. If it could have possibly taken longer than 4 weeks it would have been nice to have known that ahead of time.

MariaMaria did you get interviewed already? If so, when?

Lets hope for some good news today! I think this time if I don't hear anything by 3 I'll call around then so I don't have to wait until monday to speak with someone!

If anyone hears anything let us all know ASAP!

Check your emails! I just recieved my acceptance notice! PCO class of 2012 here I come!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard when the committee is meeting again? also, has anyone been accepted recently after submitting and addendum and spring mid term grades? thanks for the replies... if anyone has anything to say i'd appreciate it

I was there to interview march 10. I was told they meet every other friday, so the next meeting will be march 21, I guess. They also said they might take longer because of upcoming holidays.

has anyone heard when the committee is meeting again? also, has anyone been accepted recently after submitting and addendum and spring mid term grades? thanks for the replies... if anyone has anything to say i'd appreciate it

I called PCO today and they said that the next committee meeting is next wednesday march 19, good luck

I called PCO today and they said that the next committee meeting is next wednesday march 19, good luck

they definitely had a committee meeting today! good luck to everyone that's waiting to hear from PCO :thumbup:

Sooooo,
Did the committee meet on wednesday or not? Has anyone heard anything? It's kind of quiet.:cool:

they definitely had a committee meeting today! good luck to everyone that's waiting to hear from PCO :thumbup:

Hey,

The committee did meet on Wednesday and sent out emails Wednesday afternoon. I got accepted!

Hey,

The committee did meet on Wednesday and sent out emails Wednesday afternoon. I got accepted!

uh-uh:cool: Now I'm worried! Oilersfan, if you don't mind, when was your interview?
When is the next committee meeting?

I interviewed on Feb.21 and got accepted last Wednesday as previously stated. The admissions people always say they meet every 2 weeks so next Wednesday is a safe bet. When did you take your interview. In most cases it does take 3-4 weeks to here back from PCO.

anybody know how full the class is? I just got my interview invitation today.

anybody know how full the class is? I just got my interview invitation today.

I heard there are still spots. I don't exactly know. I just had a conversation with one counselor at PCO...(I don't remember why it was brought up though) :rolleyes:

I'm not taking my spot. One more open now. Good luck all!

I didn't take my spot either, another seat open :)

Has anybody heard when the next PCO committee meeting is happening? Thanks

I called PCO yesterday to ask them about my file. They said that the committee will meet this Friday. Keep your fingers crossed!!

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I called PCO yesterday to ask them about my file. They said that the committee will meet this Friday. Keep your fingers crossed!!

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

eyelove, what's your status with ur app, did u get interviewed already? first time applicant, reapplicant?

does anyone have any encouraging stories for people like me who were reviewed once then asked to send mid term grades and an addendum and were accepted?

eyelove, what's your status with ur app, did u get interviewed already? first time applicant, reapplicant?

My application is completed. I had my interview on March 10th. I'm a first time applicant. What about you?