PCATS anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melt36

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for everyone taking the PCATs -- about how far in advance did you all start studying for the PCATs? I'm not taking them till January and really cant study hardcore till Dec after my finals (5 classes doesn't give you much time to do anything else). Will 2 months be enough?? Please help! :confused: :D

Members don't see this ad.

melt36 said:
Quick question for everyone taking the PCATs -- about how far in advance did you all start studying for the PCATs? I'm not taking them till January and really cant study hardcore till Dec after my finals (5 classes doesn't give you much time to do anything else). Will 2 months be enough?? Please help! :confused: :D

Hey! I've also been thinking about how much time is needed to study for the PCAT too with all the talk about it recently. I wonder if I should purchase Kaplan's study book now even though I'm not planning to take the PCAT until 2 years later. Or should I just wait until I am ready to take the PCAT?

Melt36, If you can lock yourself up studying in Dec, then maybe you can be ready in time. If you can't do that and run short of time, then I'd advise you to review what you are most weak with. Well, good luck in advance :)

panda103 said:
Hey! I've also been thinking about how much time is needed to study for the PCAT too with all the talk about it recently. I wonder if I should purchase Kaplan's study book now even though I'm not planning to take the PCAT until 2 years later. Or should I just wait until I am ready to take the PCAT?

Panda103 ~ I found Kaplan to be helpful with the Biology section as it is quite in depth. The math section is now mostly obsolete since it now focuses on CALCULUS and PRECALCULUS. It is good for a quick brush up on some other concepts that precalc and calc are built upon. I found the chemistry section to be waaaay too in-depth. The practice problems at the end of the chapter don't take into consideration the fact that you have a TIME LIMIT and NO CALCULATOR. You're better off buying Cliff's quick-review chemistry! ($9.99!) I found it to be MUCH more helpful. As far as the reading comprehension and verbal, Kaplan is a pretty good guide!!!

Hope this helps and good luck studying! DON'T CRAM and try to give yourself a week or two at the very least to review!

:)

melt36 said:

I would study hardcore ~2 weeks prior to the test.

I'm really hoping I get into UOP before I have to take the PCATS... (but if I get an interview, it'll probably be after they see my fall grades). So far... g-chemistry has to be my WEAKEST subject & I'll definitely invest in the Cliff's!

To panda103 - I'll let you know how crazy the test is in January ;) No worries - you've got plenty of time to rock it!