PCAT Verbal/Reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mindy510

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone has any tip on how to improve the Verbal Analysis or Reading Comprehensive section in the PCAT? I was told that the PCAT verbal section has changed. It now has analogies and complete sentences ( instead of antonyms) ?

Members don't see this ad.

Mindy510 said:
Does anyone has any tip on how to improve the Verbal Analysis or Reading Comprehensive section in the PCAT? I was told that the PCAT verbal section has changed. It now has analogies and complete sentences ( instead of antonyms) ?

Verbal is the one section you should totally not worry about. They have replaced the antonyms with sentence completion, which to me, is a lot easier. The word choices they give you for the sentence completion part are pretty easy and most are easy to eliminate right off the bat. The Kaplan book has some word roots to go over, but really it's nothing to worry about. It's the first section on the test, so it's nice and easy and calms you down a bit.

Good Luck!