PCAT registration INFO pLZ!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee8023

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to take the PCAT in october and I tried to register to a location that is somewhat near my location. There are 3 that are less than 35 miles from me and the others that are more than 150. But the problem is the close ones are all full. Is there any way to take the test at the close locations? I do not want to drive 300 miles round trip to take the PCAT..even though it is really important. Is there a way or am i just screwed till the janurary one.

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

You can keep checking back to see if the others open, but it looks like your going to have to wait until January to take the PCAT. Maybe you can check a surrounding state and see if they have a site open thats closer than 150 miles.

Actually the same thing happened to me. I decided to call Harcourt and ask them if they were opening anymore spots close to my location. She checked into it for me and actually opened another testing center since the others were so full. I would just give them a call and see what happens.

jlee8023 said:
Hi,

I am trying to take the PCAT in october and I tried to register to a location that is somewhat near my location. There are 3 that are less than 35 miles from me and the others that are more than 150. But the problem is the close ones are all full. Is there any way to take the test at the close locations? I do not want to drive 300 miles round trip to take the PCAT..even though it is really important. Is there a way or am i just screwed till the janurary one.

thanks guys

Yeah no kidding about PCAT locations!!!
You know how you have a user name on Harcourt and whatnot and can look at your account history? Well this is my 2nd year taking the PCAT and I saw that in 2004 I registered on Aug 30th (and had my pick of any location, 1 of which is like 5 miles from my house)... This year I registered Aug 27th (slightly earlier) and EVERY location is full except Tallahassee (5 hour drive) and Jacksonville (>6 hour drive). Orlando, Tampa, Lakeland= FULL! I was really surprised. I guess this is an indication of even more applicants than ever! Although I'm thinking it may have something to do with the new testing schedule. Applicants who might have chosen to test in November are forced to choose between October and January (which is likely a little late for many schools). Taking it in June '05 is a little early for students who didn't have things like O-Chem or Calc under their belt in time. Oh well- I had to choose Tallahassee at the time and plan on making a road trip! EEEKKKK!