PCAT Professor Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who did this program and then took the PCAT, is this pretty indicative of the difficulty of the questions on the actual PCAT exam?

They seem kind of...um...easy. Except for the math, which I royally suck at. Not that I will complain if the PCAT is that easy........

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DownonthePharm said:
Those who did this program and then took the PCAT, is this pretty indicative of the difficulty of the questions on the actual PCAT exam?Thanks.

I only did the Biology. Raised my score by 20 points in Biology.

Pretty much, yeah! Just be careful when studying, cause the scores you get on the pcatprofesor dont indicate what you'll get on the actual pcat. From what i've learned, the pcatprofesor helps you by exposing you to the type of questions you'll find on the actual test. My only problem with it was that there wasn't enough reading comp. questions to study from. Best of luck!

Well, the PCAT isn't designed to trick you (unlike the MCAT) and it isn't difficult at all if you know the material (which we technically are suppose to from undergraduate classes =P). But what gets people who wait to the last minute is the sheer amount of information that one has to remember in addition to the number of problems in the short amount of time they give you.

ie: 60 chemistry questions in 30 minutes. I remember that. My hand hurt afterwards. So did my head. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
PCAT Professor is sux!....I don't think they are worth $60.....I'm regret paying them $60. I could have used my $ wiser from other sources of studying....not that I didn't do well on my test, I didn't study from PCAT professor anyway, and my score turned out okay, and I want to improve my score therefore Im planning on retake the pcat, and I've found that the material on pcatprofessor is not very helpful...nothing special as they said

pv.

PCAT Professor is probably the best PCAT study guide there is out there today. It gives you an idea of what to expect on the Exam. Timing yourself is essential to doing good on the PCAT as is reading the question and understanding exactly what it asks for. The PCAT Professor has enough questions for you to practice both of these. It is expensive however. So hopefully someone will soon come out with something similar for a cheaper price .

Hi! I didn't use this program but I used the Kaplan book and I thought that their questions were pretty similar to the PCAT. In addition, if you can afford it, I took a PCAT prep course at Midwestern University here in Chicago, which is a refresher of all the components with helpful study tips and practice questions. Overall Kaplan is pretty good and helps improves your score.

trishias said:
Hi! I didn't use this program but I used the Kaplan book and I thought that their questions were pretty similar to the PCAT. In addition, if you can afford it, I took a PCAT prep course at Midwestern University here in Chicago, which is a refresher of all the components with helpful study tips and practice questions. Overall Kaplan is pretty good and helps improves your score.

I second that emotion re: the Kaplan book. It had been 2 yrs since microbio, 11 yrs since Bio I & 7 yrs since Bio II, yet I still pulled mid-90s on the bio section of the PCAT thanks to the Kaplan PCAT book.

Would any of you out there recommend studying from the kaplan book first and then study off pcat professor? Thanks all!