Pcat Practice Test on Harcourt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apple

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have anyone taken that test on their website? Was it helpful? Is it worth the 19 bucks??

I'm studying from the Kaplan's book, and it's been pretty thorough. I'm contemplating whether it's worth the 19 bucks to better prepare myself or it's just a waste of money!

Can't believe PCAT's in a few more days!! Good Luck Everyone :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad.

im going to take that test on wednesday. i have been using kaplan and i hope that they are comparable but guess wednesday will be too late if they arent!

good luck to everyone! :D

Apple said:
Have anyone taken that test on their website? Was it helpful? Is it worth the 19 bucks??

I thought it was worth it to get a look at what the test would be like and see how I would do. I was surprised by my score (it was higher than I was expecting) so it gave me a boost and relieved some of my stress over the upcoming test.

By the way, the score on the practice test was exactly what I got on the PCAT...so if you want to get a pretty good idea of how you'll do...pay the $19.

I recommend it. I took it and have taken the PCAT already. My practice score was actually lower than my final score.

maybe it helped boost my score meh?

pharmdeb: what kind of animal is that in your avatar? i love its little frowny face :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm... I just took the practice on Harcourt's site, and it was kinda not worth it. Yes, I feel a little better knowing what they think is a representation of their material, but overall not too helpful.

I was mainly looking for an estimated overall composite, and it didnt give that. It just gave me my score IF they scored by dividing your correct by total questions, but they dont do that, your scoring against other people. You dont actually have to get 99% of the questions right to get a 99%. They then estimated that on an actual PCAT my composite in each section to be 76-99%, which is quite a wide range and not helpful at all. :confused:

But the upside is that I will probably do much better than what they claim. Except if quant kills me. BTW. I got an 80%.

Actually I took the practice pcat exam today, and I thought the math part was hard because it had alot of calculus and I HATE calculus!!
the biology and chemistry sections seemed fine..I recommend taking the practice exam before saturday.
I'll be taking the pcat this saturday so GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :) ;) :thumbup:

aubieRx said:
pharmdeb: what kind of animal is that in your avatar? i love its little frowny face :laugh:

It's a baby pygmy marmoset. I wish I could have shrunk the whole picture I had down so you could see how really tiny it is compared to the whole hand.
Tooo cute!

DownonthePharm said:
They then estimated that on an actual PCAT my composite in each section to be 76-99%, which is quite a wide range and not helpful at all. :confused:

:laugh: that is exactly what I got on it. I'm suspicious. I think they don't really calculate anything, they just give everyone the same range... it's a conspiricy! :smuggrin: