PCAT Math section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambler23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I'm new to this forum. I just have a question about the math section. Are there 65 questions in 45 minutes on the real test as in the kaplan book. I'm decent at math, but I have a hard time finishing the section. Anyone know? I know some people talked about Praxis as a better book for math, but I'm just wondering if anyone has something to say about this matter. Thnx.

Members don't see this ad.

I had trouble finishing my practice tests, but finished the actual PCAT math (and chemistry) in just the right amount of time.

If I didn't know how to do a question at all, I picked "B" and moved on. If I had an idea how to do it, I flagged it and went on to the easy questions. Sit where you can see the clock and keep track of time. When they call 5 minutes, make sure that you have answer filled in for every question. Then go back and try to get one that you flagged solved in the time you have left.

There were 58 questions in 35 or 45 minutes I think.

All4MyDaughter said:
I had trouble finishing my practice tests, but finished the actual PCAT math (and chemistry) in just the right amount of time.

If I didn't know how to do a question at all, I picked "B" and moved on. If I had an idea how to do it, I flagged it and went on to the easy questions. Sit where you can see the clock and keep track of time. When they call 5 minutes, make sure that you have answer filled in for every question. Then go back and try to get one that you flagged solved in the time you have left.

There were 58 questions in 35 or 45 minutes I think.

Thnx