PCAT June 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacysoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! June pcat scores will be out by this Friday (07/24). What do you guys think of the test? I personally thought that math section was harder than usual.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so they probably won't reach us until between the 25th to the 28th ish?

According to her they are mailing them out on the 24th via regular mail. It can take 7 days going that route, so we may end up getting them Aug 1st (a Sat). Most people on here say it comes on the 5th week, but I remember my proctor saying we would receive our scores in 6 weeks.

I hope we get them on the 24th, but I'm just going to keep Aug 1st in mind, so I don't get my hopes up for nothing.

Are they going to be making them available online again if you pay extra? A different thread said they did that last year ....

It's ridiculous that they don't just post our scores online anyway. I feel like our technology is going backwards sometimes.

It's ridiculous that they don't just post our scores online anyway. I feel like our technology is going backwards sometimes.

Don't get me started... When you administer a test that is this important to people, you should AT LEAST give them results online, instead of waiting for snail mail.
I find letters usually takes ~3 days.

Does anyone know where they mail it from anyways? Just curious lol

So I guess according to that lady we should be getting them by about the 28th. It's nice to have some set date in my mind lol. Can't wait to find out... I need to see what step I need to take next...
Either I can stop studying and start working on applications... Or I have to go back into full study mode and prepare for august 22nd PCAT. Either way I get to have lots of fun!!!!!!! :mad:

from my experience, the past 2 pcat scores i received were mailed out on a friday and most people got their scores the following monday...i would expect scores to be avaliable online on monday and most people should also get their scores on monday evening or tuesday as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh gosh! our scored are available online!!! i tried to buy them but an error came up....good luck every one

oh no! the temptation...i know i should wait but it's so close. is it worth $20?

what do you think?

HOLY CRAP YOU CAN BUY THEM ONLINE FOR $20!!!!! I JUST GOT MY SCORES!!

Verbal Ability: 442 - 95%
Biology: 425 - 84%
Reading Comprehension: 414 - 68% (wtf?)
Quantitative Ability: 429 - 84%
Chemistry: 426 - 81%
Composite: 427 - 88%

Overall I am pretty darn happy!

i gave in! and it was well worth the $20!!!!!!!....its worth it this time because we won't get our scores in the mail untill mid next week! good luck

Ok guys so the first time i took the pcat i got a 49 in oct 2008. then in jan of 2009 i got a 53..then i bought dr collins in preparation for the june 2009 pcat and here are my results..

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Composite
423 84
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Chemistry

434 88
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Quantitative Ability

419 73
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Reading Comprehension

418 73
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Biology

414 71
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Verbal Ability

431 89

my verbal went from 24 to 89! my bio dropped from 76 to 71. my reading comp went from 35 to 73. my math went from 53 to 73. and my chem went from 66 to 88!!!!! thank you dr collins! good luck all

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]

WOW I FREAKED OUT when i finally say you guys saying how u can buy it. I bought that thing in like 5 seconds flat no kidding! I'm so happy! Here's a screenshot of my scores!

Now I can cancel the August test and hopefully get some money back! My first time taking it and I got into the 90th percentile for composite! That was my goal from the start woot!@!
Math was a little lower than I would have liked, but my chem was through the roof. Combine that with strong bio and vocab and bam. Sorry for the jumbled post, I'm still kinda shaky1@!

pcat.png

Last edited:
Hey tatodotcom,

I also have the Collin's packet and have been solely relying on that and the mcgraw hill book to study for the august pcat. Are the Collin's question level of difficulty similar to the actual pcat?

Congrats on your scores, I don't know if I'll even be able to reach 70%, first time taking it, I'm praying and hoping that I do well.

By the way, how long did you study for the test?

I must not be tempted to buy it online. I think I just got even more nervous now that I know they have been posted. :eek:

I must not be tempted to buy it online. I think I just got even more nervous now that I know they have been posted. :eek:

That's where I stand. I typed my debit card number in, but could not go through it. I'm going to try to wait. Lol, I'll see how long that will last

I had to do it! so happy!

Composite 433 93
Chemistry 449 95
Quantitative Ability 442 93
Reading Comprehension 402 48 (lol)
Biology 421 80
Verbal Ability 450 97

Last edited:
Hey tatodotcom,

I also have the Collin's packet and have been solely relying on that and the mcgraw hill book to study for the august pcat. Are the Collin's question level of difficulty similar to the actual pcat?

Congrats on your scores, I don't know if I'll even be able to reach 70%, first time taking it, I'm praying and hoping that I do well.

By the way, how long did you study for the test?

What's your name BTW? I go to UH also, I might have seen/know you from PPA.

Composite 433 93
Chemistry 449 95
Biology 421 80
Verbal Ability 450 97

Nice, same composite as me! What are you going to do about that 48 though? I know the school I want to go to recommends at least 60% in each section.

Nice, same composite as me! What are you going to do about that 48 though? I know the school I want to go to recommends at least 60% in each section.

I'm not worried about it. The emphasis is on science and I'm happy with what I got there. I can't really explain the 48 other than that I analyze questions too much, and that's not a good thing for that section.

Composite 423 84
Chemistry 455 96
Quantitative Ability 422 77
Reading Comprehension 418 73
Biology 407 60
Verbal Ability 415 72
Writing 3/3

I'm satisfied with my scores overall, but I'm going to re-take just because I know I can do better. Plus, my biology score sucked (which I anticipated)

I'm not worried about it. The emphasis is on science and I'm happy with what I got there. I can't really explain the 48 other than that I analyze questions too much, and that's not a good thing for that section.

Same boat here. I did astronomically well on most sections and composite, with the exception of one subsection which sticks out like a sore, festering necrotic thumb (not bio or chem thank heavens!!) There is a possibility I even misbubbled (I wasn't feeling well at the time) ... I called my top-choice school, and the woman on the phone was very kind and told me to please not worry about it, that an anomaly would not impact my chances of admission since all my other numbers were so high and the section I bombed was not bio or chem.

The 20 dollars was definitely worth seeing the scores early!! I have been freaking out since the day i took the test and ended up with a 90% composite!! i am in shock!! and for writing i got a 3/3... is there anyone that did NOT get a 3/3? im starting to think they dont even read it and just give everyone that score...

Reading was pretty beastly man. I did not expect to get 79% on that.

Composite 423 84
Chemistry 455 96
Quantitative Ability 422 77
Reading Comprehension 418 73
Biology 407 60
Verbal Ability 415 72
Writing 3/3

I'm satisfied with my scores overall, but I'm going to re-take just because I know I can do better. Plus, my biology score sucked (which I anticipated)

Nice chem + composite.

Same boat here. I did astronomically well on most sections and composite, with the exception of one subsection which sticks out like a sore, festering necrotic thumb (not bio or chem thank heavens!!) There is a possibility I even misbubbled (I wasn't feeling well at the time) ... I called my top-choice school, and the woman on the phone was very kind and told me to please not worry about it, that an anomaly would not impact my chances of admission since all my other numbers were so high and the section I bombed was not bio or chem.

Yeah, I shot my counselor an email and she basically said that my 64% on quant wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it. It seems everyone is more focused on the overall score.

The 20 dollars was definitely worth seeing the scores early!! I have been freaking out since the day i took the test and ended up with a 90% composite!! i am in shock!! and for writing i got a 3/3... is there anyone that did NOT get a 3/3? im starting to think they dont even read it and just give everyone that score...

If you go back and review threads from past tests, most people get a 3/3. A few get a 2 or 2.5 and almost nobody gets a 4 or higher. I think you really have to stand out to get a higher writing score.

i gave in! and it was well worth the $20!!!!!!!....its worth it this time because we won't get our scores in the mail untill mid next week! good luck

Ok guys so the first time i took the pcat i got a 49 in oct 2008. then in jan of 2009 i got a 53..then i bought dr collins in preparation for the june 2009 pcat and here are my results..

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Composite
423 84

That's a pretty impressive improvement. Congrats.

Just so you all know, when I took it in January I got my scores in the mail the SAME DAY they came out online. So if you aren't sure whether or not to buy..I wouldn't waste the 20 bucks :)

That's a pretty impressive improvement. Congrats.
[/LEFT]

thanks :) everything works out i guess. UH, I will answers your question when i get off work at the pharmacy tonight around 9! good luck every one.

and they made the scores online early this go around so i found it to be worth the $20!

good luck

Congrats to EVERYONE! I plan on taking the pcat in aug. I was expecting to read complaints about bio ( based on past posts), but this post clearly shows otherwise. Then again this is just a miniority of test takers compared to the hundreds even thousands ^_^.

Congrats to everyone got score they wanted.
im 2 poor 2 pay so ill wait lol
The june PCAT was a harder than I thought it would be, especially the chem and math in terms of time... hopefully they were curved nicely

OH WOW, MY PCAT scores came home in the mail today. I just opened them up.

I did a lot better than I thought. I was aiming for 70 composite, thought I got a 64, ended up getting 83 composite.

This is weird because I guessed the last ten questions in Math without looking at the questions and I got 88 for that.
And for chemistry, I guessed in about 40% of the questions but I looked at all of them and got a 93.
The two scores I thought I did well in was Verbal and Reading which I ended up geting sub 70's.

HOW DID EVERYBODY DO? good luck!

ended up getting 83 composite.

This is weird because I guessed the last ten questions in Math without looking at the questions and I got 88 for that.
And for chemistry, I guessed in about 40% of the questions but I looked at all of them and got a 93.
Congratulations!

How many questions did you score wrong on each section? Thanks!

HOLY CRAP YOU CAN BUY THEM ONLINE FOR $20!!!!! I JUST GOT MY SCORES!!

Verbal Ability: 442 - 95%
Biology: 425 - 84%
Reading Comprehension: 414 - 68% (wtf?)
Quantitative Ability: 429 - 84%
Chemistry: 426 - 81%
Composite: 427 - 88%

Overall I am pretty darn happy!

Congratulations! Very impressive! :thumbup:

Congratulations to all!

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Composite ..[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
.423 84

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Chemistry ..

.434 88

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Quantitative Ability ..

.419 73

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Reading Comprehension ..

.418 73

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Biology ..

.414 71

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Verbal Ability ..

.431 89

my verbal went from 24 to 89! my bio dropped from 76 to 71. my reading comp went from 35 to 73. my math went from 53 to 73. and my chem went from 66 to 88!!!!!

Nice improvement!

My first time taking it and I got into the 90th percentile for composite!
pcat.png

Amazing!

Composite 433 93
Chemistry 449 95
Biology 421 80
Verbal Ability 450 97

Amazing, too!

I really admire all of you who achieved 90+!

I got my scores in the mail today! I'll be retaking in Aug. :(

Just giving everyone a heads up to check their mailboxes this weekend! (I'm in Tx btw..)

Good Luck everyone!:D

I received my scores today in the mail... I live in St. Petersburg, Fl strange how no one else has received theirs yet.

anybody know where their scores are being shipped from? i got nothing in the mail today (socal)

I am in CA and just got mine.

Convetions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

Verbal Ability 397 43

Biology 404 54

R Comp. 402 48

QA 416 69

Chemistry 434 88

Composite 411 65

Is this the lowest score to be posted on this board for June PCAT? Well, my score is just about what I expected. Infact I am very happy about my writing , and Reading Comp. scores. Since June I have taken the first semester of general Boi. and Statistcs. Now the Challenge is to raise it up to 80. Impossible is nothing! lol

I am in CA and just got mine.

Convetions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

Verbal Ability 397 43

Biology 404 54

R Comp. 402 48

QA 416 69

Chemistry 434 88

Composite 411 65

Is this the lowest score to be posted on this board for June PCAT? Well, my score is just about what I expected. Infact I am very happy about my writing , and Reading Comp. scores. Since June I have taken the first semester of general Boi. and Statistcs. Now the Challenge is to raise it up to 80. Impossible is nothing! lol

Good luck to you! Props for posting up your stats even though people out there would not post it under 80 (Show offs -_-a).

Good luck to you! Props for posting up your stats even though people out there would not post it under 80 (Show offs -_-a).

Thanks and Congratulations on your great score. By the way I am in southern California too. I guess we get our mail earlier. It was postmarked the 22 and it is already here.

Thanks and Congratulations on your great score. By the way I am in southern California too. I guess we get our mail earlier. It was postmarked the 22 and it is already here.

Last edited: