PCAT Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athom1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a bit curious on much depth is biology section in PCAT. I have taken Bio 1&2, and will be taking Anataomy and physiology 1 + microbiology, the next semester. I was wondering it that is all the biology I will need, or should I take more bio classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @Athom1994! Biology 1 and 2 should give you close to 90% of what you need to know on PCAT Biology, and A&P will really reinforce the physiology concepts that appear frequently on the PCAT. Also, since microbiology comprises 20% of the Biology section, a microbiology class will go into much greater depth than is tested on the PCAT but will give you a really strong foundation for any micro questions you might see. The only other class that could help is biochemistry, but much of the biochemistry content tested on the PCAT will be covered in Biology 1 and 2 - so all you really have to do is pay a little more attention to those biochemistry processes in your PCAT prep materials, without having to take a formal biochemistry course to do well on that part of the PCAT. You should be good to go! :pigeon: