Paying for licenses and CEs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people in here pay for their primary license and CEs and CPR? Does your employer reimburse you? I pay everything and think now would be a good time to say I not footing the bill and extra time outside of work to go to classes.

Members don't see this ad.

My employer pays for a pharmacist letter subscription which covers all my CE requirements. They also pay for my CPR training and pay me to attend the class.

I do have to pay my licensing fees though.

Is that not standard?

My employer pays for a pharmacist letter subscription which covers all my CE requirements. They also pay for my CPR training and pay me to attend the class.

Is that not standard?
Same here at Walmart and previously at CVS. Actually, I think maybe I didn’t get paid for class time at CVS? Not sure, but it was a shorter class, so less of a concern.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I think maybe I didn’t get paid for class time at CVS? Not sure, but it was a shorter class, so less of a concern.
The class was ~2 hours so I didn't care too much. I forget the exactly pay but it was somewhere around $50 to attend so overall not a big deal.

Is that not standard?
this is exactly what we do - plus we have tons of live CE (required in our state) available through residents throughout the system and our ASP provider - so each month there are usually 4-7 opportunities for live CE

I've never paid for a CE in my life. I always do the free ones.