PAVE/QSE Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PassingPaveTaker

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a few quick questions about the QSE test through the PAVE program that I can't seem to figure out.

I understand that the QSE test is graded based on a scaled score between 200 and 800 and that 425 is a passing score. Does anyone know, roughly, how many points that translates to out of all the questions on the test? Is it fair to say that if you score higher than 60% correct you will receive a passing score?

As a foreign doctor in the process of applying and getting licensed in my state, I am realizing that there are not too many resources for us.

Any fellow test takers for the QSE and NAVLE tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I read somewhere and its between 70 and 75%

Hello. You are right, it's about 225 questions and you need 125 to pass. This info is from a friend who already took the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. You are right, it's about 225 questions and you need 125 to pass. This info is from a friend who already took the test.

Thank you. So that would make the passing score roughly 55% of the total questions asked right?

QSE test is graded based on a scaled score between 200 and 800 and
Hi everyone!

I have a few quick questions about the QSE test through the PAVE program that I can't seem to figure out.

I understand that the QSE test is graded based on a scaled score between 200 and 800 and that 425 is a passing score. Does anyone know, roughly, how many points that translates to out of all the questions on the test? Is it fair to say that if you score higher than 60% correct you will receive a passing score?

As a foreign doctor in the process of applying and getting licensed in my state, I am realizing that there are not too many resources for us.

Any fellow test takers for the QSE and NAVLE tests?
Hi,
I'm planning to take it in Sep 2020 or Jan 2021. Planning to study Sanders NAVLE and zuku. Please feel free to share any ideas.

In case you guys are interested. This is a group to start sharing material to study for QSE.

In case you guys are interested. This is a group to start sharing material to study for QSE.
Hi ! I don't know if its too late but I can't access to that group :( Im also struggling with studying, any advices would be great ! :)

Hi
Hi ! I don't know if its too late but I can't access to that group :( Im also struggling with studying, any advices would be great ! :)
Hi Fran. Nobody responded to the group, I am not part of it anymore since every time I would ask a question I had no replies. Are you currently studying for the QSE? Have you taken it before?

Hello all,

My name is Jez, it was my first attempt to take the PAVE QSE last January 2021. Unfortunately, I failed. Planning to retake it on May 2021.
I used Zuku prep but didn't get to finish all the practice tests. Are there any other references you would recommend to supplement it? Or a study plan that worked for you?

Hello all,

My name is Jez, it was my first attempt to take the PAVE QSE last January 2021. Unfortunately, I failed. Planning to retake it on May 2021.
I used Zuku prep but didn't get to finish all the practice tests. Are there any other references you would recommend to supplement it? Or a study plan that worked for you?
Hi, I passed the QSE this time. But, I have failed my first time. In my opinion, first of all, you should finish zuku prep. I could not find any materials for studying QSE except zuku. Once I finished every question in ZUKU, I was able to answer half questions of QSE with full of confidence. The quarter was 50/50 and the rest of it was just on my luck. I would also say that you should check the questions which were given last time if you remembered. For instance, I did not know that how many deciduous teeth each animal have when I took the first QSE, because zuku does have only permanent teeth questions. However, I learned and took the second QSE. They asked us about deciduous teeth questions. I guess they have similar questions every QSE, so that you are better to study ZUKU plus the questions which you did not answer with confidence.

I understand how you feel about failing QSE. Never give up!!

Hi, I passed the QSE this time. But, I have failed my first time. In my opinion, first of all, you should finish zuku prep. I could not find any materials for studying QSE except zuku. Once I finished every question in ZUKU, I was able to answer half questions of QSE with full of confidence. The quarter was 50/50 and the rest of it was just on my luck. I would also say that you should check the questions which were given last time if you remembered. For instance, I did not know that how many deciduous teeth each animal have when I took the first QSE, because zuku does have only permanent teeth questions. However, I learned and took the second QSE. They asked us about deciduous teeth questions. I guess they have similar questions every QSE, so that you are better to study ZUKU plus the questions which you did not answer with confidence.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Thank you guys!
I just started to prepare for the QSE
and im looking to form a group study since we lack prep courses and material
if theres anyone interested join the groups

Last edited:

Hi, I'm considering the PAVE option to transfer my license. Did you decide where you would be doing the clinical skills?

Hi, I'm considering the PAVE option to transfer my license. Did you decide where you would be doing the clinical skills?

I haven't decided yet but I've found some webistes to help me pick the best cost-benefit

comparing costs between the schools

list of the best schools of 2020

Also found this website, they organize, translate and send your paperwork straight to the school
Other - World Education Services

And the 10 cheapest states to live

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-05 at 16.18.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-05 at 16.18.57.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 137
As far as I know, there are limited universities to accept PAVE such as LSU, OSU, and the University of Missouri.

Hopefully, somebody knows more options...

Hi v11067, congratulations!! I hope you are doing well! I want to enroll in the PAVE program and I have some questions. How easy is it to get accepted into a Universty? How long might it take? Is it too competitive?
Thank you so much for your help

Hi v11067, congratulations!! I hope you are doing well! I want to enroll in the PAVE program and I have some questions. How easy is it to get accepted into a Universty? How long might it take? Is it too competitive?
Thank you so much for your help
LSU has kinda small spots now but I guess OSU might be more open. Missouri accepts PAVE only once a year.

Hey, I gave my BCSE exam back in 2020 and I was made aware that the BCSE and QSE are quite similar.

The questions are weighted. Meaning you can get less answers correct than someone else but still pass and vice versa.

On average u need 70-75% questions correct to pass considering you fall in the standard mean and considering that all exams are made with equal weightage (although individual questions are given varied weightage)

Cheers and good luck 💯