Pathology 2011-2012, Who's in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ntzach

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was looking for a thread started by path applicants.
I'm applying to 50 programs so far...
Good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like there are at least two of us, then! :D Submitted my ERAS application to 20 programs today, so far 11 downloaded... not that I'm obsessing, or anything.

Submitted to 20 programs today, now the waiting begins! I'm excited for this year. Obvi. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in! 28 programs, may add more later if I think it's necessary. Best of luck to everyone!

I applied to 20 programs spread out among NY, PA, and OH. Kind of bummed to still have to chase down my LORs though.

I'm still only 50% on my LORs being uploaded... One mysteriously vanished into the e-mail vapors (and the hard copy mysteriously didn't make it to the Dean's Office), and the other isn't completed yet. I'm not a patient person by nature--I'm hoping I can heed mlw's advice and keep my cool. This may be one of those times it's helpful to have an uber laid-back spouse at home!

I'm still only 50% on my LORs being uploaded... One mysteriously vanished into the e-mail vapors (and the hard copy mysteriously didn't make it to the Dean's Office), and the other isn't completed yet. I'm not a patient person by nature--I'm hoping I can heed mlw's advice and keep my cool. This may be one of those times it's helpful to have an uber laid-back spouse at home!

I'm waiting 1 LOR too.
I just applied to programs, but my ADTS status says "Not yet retrieved" next to all my documents.... Or even worse "Not Uploaded to PostOffice"

Let's be patient!:xf:

50 programs?!? Yowza! Has the field become amazingly competitive in the past 5 years or something? You should be able to narrow things down a LOT further than 50 programs before applying. Aren't there geographic areas you're interested in more? Top notch programs versus lower tier? Large academic versus smaller? This may sound crass, but one of the pearls of advice I received about applying to path for residency was "You're American and you speak good English, you'll get in a great program". FWIW.

50 programs?!? Yowza! Has the field become amazingly competitive in the past 5 years or something?

The field is not amazingly competitive and applying to 50 programs is overkill and then some. Personally (and depending on the specifics of your situation and/or your "caliber" as an applicant), I wouldn't bother applying to any more than 15-20 programs, with the understanding that, in the event you get interviews to all of those, you probably don't want to bother going on more than 10-12 interviews. That's my opinion, anyway.

I agree... the magic number is 10-12 interviews.... so people should apply to the number of places that they think will result in this number.

something to think about, if you are a top tier like candidate and you apply to many low tier you will not get as many interviews as you hope. If you are a candidate that a program does not believe they can get they wont waste their time interviewing... So try to get a reall good picture of what type of candidate you are, high, med, low tier and concentrate most of the applications to programs of that tier...

I am in. I haven't submitted ERAS yet...maybe next week or the week after.

I am also. Havent submitted yet, probably this weekend. Im applying to 12-15 programs. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
working on ps this weekend and hopefully submitting next week...still waiting on 2/4 LORs anyhow. not sure how many to apply to, right now looking at 25-30 in urban cities w/ university affiliated programs.

I agree... the magic number is 10-12 interviews.... so people should apply to the number of places that they think will result in this number.

something to think about, if you are a top tier like candidate and you apply to many low tier you will not get as many interviews as you hope. If you are a candidate that a program does not believe they can get they wont waste their time interviewing... So try to get a reall good picture of what type of candidate you are, high, med, low tier and concentrate most of the applications to programs of that tier...

Strongly second this advice.

Hello Everyone! I'm glad to see this Pathology post up so that we can communicate through this whole Match Process. I submitted my application on Thursday, Sept. 1 and got my first interview offer the next day on Friday, Sept. 2. It is at University of Florida!! I am super excited! I was surprised b/c I still was missing 2 LoRs and my Step 2 Scores, but I quickly responded with my preferred interview date.

Good luck everyone! Lets keep each other motivated!

~ATE

Hello Everyone! I'm glad to see this Pathology post up so that we can communicate through this whole Match Process. I submitted my application on Thursday, Sept. 1 and got my first interview offer the next day on Friday, Sept. 2. It is at University of Florida!! I am super excited! I was surprised b/c I still was missing 2 LoRs and my Step 2 Scores, but I quickly responded with my preferred interview date.

~ATE

Holy cow! Congrats!

~ATE

That's awesome, congratulations! Did you get the interview invite by your main email address or the ERAS message center? Also, as far as the dates offered and confirming the interview, how did it work?

Thanks!

That's awesome, congratulations! Did you get the interview invite by your main email address or the ERAS message center? Also, as far as the dates offered and confirming the interview, how did it work?

Thanks!
Thanks everyone! The invite was forwarded to my email account from the ERAS message center; all the messages from there are automatically forwarded to the email address you put down in the application. So if you see a message in the message center and you did not receive the email, they suggest that you check your Trash/Junk Folder.

As for the invitation itself, they said they only do interviews on Mondays and Tuesdays and gave me the date they start interviewing applicants and told me to email the coordinator with a date that I would like to attend. Pretty laid back. Good luck to you!

Just submitted! Applying to ~10 programs so far and still waiting on LORs.

I submitted yesterday myself. 12 programs on the list at the moment, waiting on 2 of 3 LOR's but otherwise set. Good luck all!

Hey there, another applicant here. Applied 9/1 to 27 programs, got first invite from UF as well on 9/2, scheduled for 10/17. I am also waiting on 1 LOR. And I'm also a DO student. Good luck to all :)

I'm in as well!! :) Submitted to 39 programs on 9/1 and all but 5 have downloaded all my documents. Probably overkill but I would rather turn down interviews to solidify the magic 10-12 number than wish I would have applied to more! Wishing everyone luck! It's going to be a long 6 months!

All my documents have been downloaded to all programs except 2 or 3.
Hopefully they start sending invites tomorrow, otherwise...let's wait another weekend.

Last year the first interview invitation was received on September 8th!

Apparently U. of Florida took a step forward this year :thumbup: Congrats CocoaMD

Hey there, another applicant here. Applied 9/1 to 27 programs, got first invite from UF as well on 9/2, scheduled for 10/17. I am also waiting on 1 LOR. And I'm also a DO student. Good luck to all :)

Sorry....
Congrats to you too!!:)

maybe we could start a running list? i've added the ones who seem to have gotten interviews already...hopefully, i'll get my ps done and submit to eras by the weekend. ugh, i hate writing personal statements!

FLORIDA
UF - 9/2 CocoaMD, 9/2 tspath84

Good luck with the PS and good luck to all today- lets hope we are not all waiting another weekend!
I'm checking my email so frequently that I think I'm developing a personality disorder!

I applied Sept. 1 to 27 programs all around the US. Everything is in except I'm waiting on my last 2 LORs. All of the programs except 1 have downloaded all of my stuff. So far:

UVA - Sept. 6

~LAE~

Submitted my application last night. 13 programs. No letters assigned since I dont know which ones to send yet. How long did it take for the USMLE transcript to upload?

FLORIDA
UF- 9/2

MICHIGAN
UM- 9/9

TEXAS
UT San Antonio- 9/9

VIRGINIA
UVA- 9/6

Im also applying this year... only applied to 12 programs. After reading some of these posts, Im wondering if I should have doubled that or if it is okay to put some more apps out there on a rolling basis?

Well, in any event, congrats to everyone and let the waiting begin!

<TABLE id=post11552562 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" id=td_post_11552562 class=alt1>
<!-- / message --><!-- SDNCODE: one sig per thread -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=post11552562 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" id=td_post_11552562 class=alt1>

<!-- / message --><!-- SDNCODE: one sig per thread -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
FLORIDA
UF- 9/2

GEORGIA
Emory-9/9

MICHIGAN
UM- 9/9

TEXAS
UT San Antonio- 9/9

VIRGINIA
UVA- 9/6

Last edited:
All my documents have been downloaded to all programs except 2 or 3.
Hopefully they start sending invites tomorrow, otherwise...let's wait another weekend.

Last year the first interview invitation was received on September 8th!

Apparently U. of Florida took a step forward this year :thumbup: Congrats CocoaMD

Thanks! Good luck to you as well in your application process.:)

I am jealous of all of you. I better get my act together and finish my application this weekend. Hopefully they will save some interview slots for me!

FLORIDA
UF- 9/2

GEORGIA
Emory-9/9

MICHIGAN
UM- 9/9

TEXAS
UT San Antonio- 9/9

VIRGINIA
UVA- 9/6

PENNSYLVANIA
U. of Penn. - 9/9

FLORIDA
UF: CocoaMD (9/2), tspath84 (9/2)

GEORGIA
Emory: CocoaMD (9/9)

MICHIGAN
UM: hockebob (9/9)

TENNESSEE
Vanderbilt: LMarie_MD2b (9/12)

TEXAS
UT San Antonio: JGL9802 and CocoaMD (9/9)

VIRGINIA
UVA: gingerlae (9/6)

PENNSYLVANIA
UPenn: gingerlae (9/9), LMarie_MD2b (9/12)

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

MICHIGAN

TENNESSEE

TEXAS

VIRGINIA
UVA: gingerlae (9/6), Deucedano (9/12)

PENNSYLVANIA

@CocoaMD, tspath84, JGL9802,hockebob, LMarie_MD2b, gingerlae , Deucedano

Could you guys post your credentials please?:luck:

Wow...submitted Sunday night, most programs already downloaded, and I even got interview offers. No new programs to add to the list yet. I will keep you all updated as the offers come in.

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

HAWAII
UH: JGL9802 (9/12)

MASSACHUSETTS:
MGH: hockebob (9/12)

MICHIGAN

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Brutal...got an interview invitation today at 4:01 from MGH, then at 4:03 got a recall of the e-mail. BAHHH. seriously??

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

HAWAII

MASSACHUSETTS:

MICHIGAN

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS
Methodist Hospital: Booty Kicker (9/13)

VIRGINIA

MASSACHUSETTS
Baystate/Tufts
So happy!!!!!!:D

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

HAWAII

MASSACHUSETTS:
Baystate Med. Center/TUFTS: Ntzach (9/13)

MICHIGAN

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS
Methodist Hospital: Booty Kicker (9/13)

VIRGINIA
UVA: gingerlae (9/6), Deucedano (9/12)[/QUOTE]

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

HAWAII
UH: JGL9802 and CocoaMD(9/12)

MASSACHUSETTS:

MICHIGAN

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS
Methodist Hospital: Booty Kicker and CocoaMD (9/13)

VIRGINIA
UVA: gingerlae (9/6), Deucedano (9/12)[/QUOTE]

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

HAWAII
UH: JGL9802 and CocoaMD(9/12)

MASSACHUSETTS:

MICHIGAN

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS
Methodist Hospital: Booty Kicker, CocoaMD, gingerlae (9/13)

VIRGINIA