PAT suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deeps005

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken the DAT but plan on taking it at the end of this month. From what i've read on this forum it seems like the angles are the hardest part of the PAT and make it difficult to finish the section in time. Wouldn't it make sense to skip all the angles and then come back to them after finishing all the other sections of the PAT? That way you have time to do the questions that you know you can get right and will just be left less time to guess on the angels. Is there something wrong with this approach?

Members don't see this ad.

Since skipping questions on the computer takes time, you will be wasting your most valuable resource. Just be sure not to spend more than 30 on each question. Just make a good guess and mark it. If you have time, then you can go back and redo them.

I think a big problem is time management, and if you use it wisely, you will be fine.

i totally agree with sloppy Joe. dont spend too much time on those angles since after a while they will all look the same. so, use the answer choices to find the correct answer (fortunately, we are given only 4 choices) ... try finding the smallest or largest angle first (50% of the time your choices are narrowed to 2 choices) then look for the one next to the smallest or largest angle and hopefully you are able to pick the correct answer.

Good luck to all

Comet!