All Branch Topic (ABT) Password study aids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 3 accounts in the military (CHCS, NKO, Essentris) that all require me to frequently enter new, complex passwords and I also frequently rotate off site at other hospitals that require me to make up new passwords for their systems. Since I have to make up new passwords anyway, I've been trying to use them as study aids for random bits of medical knowledge that don't easily stick otherwise. For example one I used in medical school: KCS27910 (factors associated with vitamin K/Warfarin). I've also tried working through normal pediatric vital signs by age and the vaccine schedules. The problem is I am now running out of ideas.

So, the challenge: what bits of medical trivia can you boil down a 5-20 character password? Ideally this should be something that is useful if not testable, but at the same time should not be something so obvious that it's easier just to remember it without the study aid.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can never remember heme translocations...could do something like C922B814M1114F1418 (CML, Burkitt's, Mantle Cell, Follicular). Not exactly catchy but it works

Could use it for other groups of mutations as well...for example AmPWp15q1113 to remember that Angelman is loss of maternal material at 15q11-13 and Prader-Willi is paternal of the same gene. May be too simple of an example but can obviously be extrapolated to other diseases.