Passed the NAPLEX on My First Attempt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rab4ever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so i took NAPLEX on may 13 and received my score on May 17. I passed the test and it is really big deal because i was really nervous for the exam. part time job with managing family and taking care of special need son while preparing and worrying for exam is no jock.
with this post I want to thank you all who posted their experience with the test and their preparation and all the details, it helped a lot. i used to check out this forum almost everyday. thank you guys for your feedbacks and tips. I am going to write my experience also, it may help someone like me.

I had 2 months to study for the test, I got 2-3 hours on weekdays and 4-5 hours on weekends to study. I somehow managed to finish RxPrep 2017 book twice, did all the calculation question bank, and some big topics like ID,HTN,MD,HIV etc from Qbank.
I wanted to do all 3500 questions but didnt had enough time.

My tip for all of you is to identify your weak points in the test ie, my weakpoints were brand-generic names and dose. try to work on your weakpoints as much as you can, and also make sure you dont ignore and loose points you are good at, i am really good at calculation so in actual test i made sure my answers are correct by calculating each one twice.

I didnt had time to memories even top 200 brand-generic, but I tried to remember the brand generic for ID,DM, HTN, and the drugs that have major dg-dg interaction.

The other problem i had was i was little impatient and rushing through the question and missing on the details of question like lab value, pt allergy etc. so on exam I made sure that i am reading the question properly and then tried to find any lab value or any condition that patient had that can affect the treatment choice or anything that is asked in the question.

During the test I was worried that I might runout of time so after every 20-25 questions i would actually calculate the time that i took for 50 questions, time remaining and number of question remaining. i finished early and had 15 minutes to spare but the last hour of exam I was tired and wanted the exam to finish. i took both 10 minutes breaks and had some snack and water.

As i finshed the test i wasnt sure how i should feel, i had few questions that had brand names and i didnt know the generic so guessed on those answers but I thought i had 50% chance to pass, and thank GOd i did.
All the best everyone, you can do this just study hard and do your best.

Members don't see this ad.